An interactive and interdisciplinary opportunity for K-12 students to follow the invention process to create a prototype for a regional competition.
EMUiNVENT will be held on March 6, 2020 at McKenny Hall, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti. Outstanding projects participate in the 2020 Invention Convention Michigan on April 25, 2020, organized by the Henry Ford.
Get help from engineers, university professors and EMU to convert an idea into a model. As you do it, learn the habits of famous inventors and business people.
First, second, and third place awards will be given for the following grade groupings:
How will EMU help
Provide you mentors to walk you through the process.
Hold training sessions to help you through the process of invention.
January 20, 2020: Registration due
Now till February 24: Preparation and prototyping
February 24: Video Pitch submission
March 6, 2020: EMUiNVENT
March 20, 2020: Michigan Invention Convention registration deadline
April 25, 2020: Michigan Invention Convention*
June 3-5, 2020: Invention Convention U.S. Nationals*
*Held at The Henry Ford
|Have an idea but need help taking it forward? Come to the inventor workshops to connect with budding & experienced engineers and entrepreneurs. Share your interest.|
Upcoming webinars are scheduled for Thursday Dec 5 at 4.00 p.m. and Wednesday Dec 11 at 4.00 p.m.
Be a Mentor
Engineers, businesspersons, university students, and entrepreneurs. Join our circle of mentors and trainers.
Be a Judge
Do you like inventions? Do you like working with K-12 students? If yes! consider being a volunteer judge for EMUinvent 2020.
EMUiNVENT2020 helps activate STEM, Invention and Entrepreneurship (STEMIE) learning to instill problem-identification, problem-solving and creativity skills for life, inspiring young people to become innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs over the course of their school careers.
Judges come from a variety of disciplines and areas of expertise.Judges ensure that EMUiNVENT2020 is an educational and fun day for all students by:
- Listening to students pitch their inventions.
- Providing constructive feedback to students.
- Fostering a healthy environment for discussion and sharing.
By committing to be a judge at the 2020 Michigan Invention Convention, you agree to:
- Attend judge training (1 hour): Attend a mandatory training session at Eastern Michigan University or online in February 2020.
- Evaluate online pitches (3-4 hours): In late February, judges will score student video pitches before the event, using an online platform.
- Attend EMUiNVENT (5-6 hours): Friday, March 6, 2020, at MCKenny Hall , Eastern Michigan University from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
The students you judge will:
- Be in grades K-12.
- Compete as an individual or on a team
- Be nominated by an educator to compete at Invention Convention Michigan
Benefits of Judging
- Opportunities to talk to the next generation of inventors.
- Free lunch.
- Free EMUiNVENT t-shirt.
If you are interested in being a judge, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring your class teams to the competition. Join the orientation workshops for teachers Interested teachers please email us at email@example.com.