To support the economic development of southeastern Michigan by preparing graduates to perform effectively in the global business community. We develop outstanding business professionals through a rigorous, applied educational experience.
We aspire to be recognized as southeast Michigan’s leader in applied business education, developing outstanding business professionals with global vision.
- Learning and Opportunity
- The COB employs creative and innovative methods, to ensure the success of each student, faculty member and staff person.
- Students and faculty engage in their disciplines through applied, innovative and supportive learning experiences, research and scholarly experiences.
- The COB is recognized for its strong undergraduate programs and will provide research opportunities, excellent co-curricular programs that support and enhance our talented and diverse student population.
- The COB is recognized for the synergy of theory and application and excellence in its graduate programs.
- Service and Engagement
- The COB provides a model for public engagement by linking students, faculty, staff and alumni with opportunities to produce real-world value and to gain applied experience that enhances learning while addressing community needs.
- The COB supports the economic development of Southeastern Michigan.
- Diversity and Multi-cultural Perspective
- The COB provides a collaborative, welcoming and supportive culture where differing ideas, behaviors and backgrounds contribute to the educational experience that includes a global and multi-cultural perspective enhancing the individual, society and the world.
- At the foundation of the COB is its Ethos Statement signifying its commitment to ethics and values.
- The COB has a strong commitment to international programs and partnerships to promote global interaction and engagement.
- Building for the Future
- The COB will continue to develop and enhance teaching and research support, technology and facilities as the College of Business anticipates stakeholder needs.
- The COB will continue to develop resources to enhance the capacity to achieve our mission, realize our vision and adhere to our values.
- The COB will have a continuing commitment to excellence that places the highest priority on quality teaching and learning, the development of programs built on our unique strengths, a faculty actively engaged in teaching and research and continuous improvement.
- The COB will have an ongoing commitment to continuous improvement and assessment.