Internal Research Award Writing Workshops
Are grant proposal rejections getting you down? Faculty who come to these sessions have a proven track record for receiving awards, because they get important feedback on how their proposals will be reviewed by a general academic audience.
Internal Research Award Writing Workshop Details
The workshop consists of two sessions where faculty are provided examples and feedback on their proposals. Participants are encouraged to attend both Day 1 and Day 2 sessions of workshops.
- Day 1 - A University Research and Sabbatical Leave Committee (URSLC) representative will go over the application requirements and strategies for writing successful proposals.
- Day 2 - Bring your drafts! Peers provide valuable feedback for revising application narratives.
- Monday, Sept. 16, 10:30 a.m.–noon and Monday, Sept. 23, 10:30 a.m.–noon
- Thursday, Sept. 26, 3–4:30 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 3, 3–4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2, 1–2:30 p.m. and Wednesday, Oct. 9, 1–2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8, 9–10:30 a.m. and Tuesday, Oct. 15, 9–10:30 a.m.
- Monday, Oct. 14, 3:30–5 p.m. and Monday, Oct. 21, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, noon–1:30 p.m. and Tuesday, Oct. 29, noon–1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 8, 12:30–2 p.m. and Wednesday, Jan. 15, 12:30–2 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 13, 9–10:30 a.m. and Monday, Jan. 27, 9–10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 3:30–5:00 p.m. and Thursday, Jan. 23, 3:30–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m. and Tuesday, Jan. 28, 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Types of Awards
- Summer Research/Creative Activity Award (all tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible) due Oct. 31
- Sabbatical Leave (available to faculty who have served 12 semesters at EMU) due January 31
- Faculty Research Fellowships (all tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible) due January 31