Internal Research Award Writing Workshops
FALL 2020 Registration
Are grant proposal rejections getting you down? Eighty percent of faculty who come to these sessions receive the award, because they get up-to-date information on writing a successful proposal and they get important feedback on how their proposals will be reviewed by a general academic audience.
Internal Research Award Writing Workshop Details
The workshop consists of two parts:
- Part I - In a synchronous Zoom session, a University Research and Sabbatical Leave Committee (URSLC) representative and Director of the FDC will go over the application requirements and strategies for writing successful proposals.
- Part II - Asynchronous Peer Review – At least two weeks prior to the proposal deadline, email your draft to [email protected]. You will be partnered with a faculty peer. Peers provide valuable feedback for revising application narratives. The earlier you send in your draft, the earlier a peer reviews it. You can participate in as many peer reviews as time allows.
Workshop Dates and Times
Part 1 Sessions: Guidelines/Tips
- A: SRA =Monday, Sept. 21, 10:30-12 p.m.
- B: SRA =Thursday, Oct. 1, 3-4:30 p.m.
- C: SRA =Wednesday, Oct. 7, 1-2:30 p.m.
- D: SRA =Tuesday, Oct. 13, 9-10:30 a.m.
- E: FRF and Sab = Tuesday, Nov. 3, 12-1:30 p.m.
- F: FRF and Sab = Wednesday, Nov. 11, 12:30-2 p.m.
- G: FRF and Sab = Monday, Nov. 16, 9-10:30 a.m.
- H: FRF and Sab =Thursday, Dec. 3, 3:30-5 p.m.
Types of Awards
- Summer Research/Creative Activity Award (all tenure-track/ tenured faculty are eligible) due Nov. 2
- Sabbatical Leave (available to faculty who have served 12 semesters at EMU) due Feb. 1, 2021
- Faculty Research Fellowships (all tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible) due Feb. 1, 2021