Academic Leadership Community of Practice
The Academic Leadership Community of Practice (AL-CoP) is an opportunity for EMU faculty or staff members to explore academic leadership and develop leadership skills. This new CoP will be facilitated by Julia Heck (University Ombuds in the Office of Ombuds), Andrea Zakrajsek (Associate Dean of the College of Health and Human Services), and Jeffrey Bernstein (Director of the Faculty Development Center and Professor of Political Science) this upcoming year. Much of the content will be facilitated by participants and organized around topics of mutual interest.
The goal of this community is to collectively generate knowledge about the experiences and skills for academic leadership in institutions of higher education by:
- Understanding leadership opportunities within higher education–both within current roles and in prospective future roles;
- Developing leadership skills relevant to various roles in higher education;
- Exploring experiences and issues relevant to mid/senior-leadership position responsibilities;
- Reflecting on personal identities, career progression, and leadership journeys within a diverse community of practice;
- Exploring a variety of career paths, objectives, and strategies to identify potential next steps in professional development and career advancement; and
- Cultivating a supportive environment of learners to learn with and from one another.
This learning community is meeting once per month throughout 2023-24 academic year. All meetings take place on Wednesdays from 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM at the Faculty Development Center (109B Halle).
- October 18th, 2023
- November 15th, 2023
- December 13th, 2023
- January 17th, 2023
- February 21st, 2023
- March 20th, 2023
- April 17th, 2023
How to Register
Registration for this learning community is now closed.