How to insert an image into a page in OU Campus
When placing an image into a site in OU Campus, it is best to publish the image before placing it. Follow these instructions to do so.
- Go to the images folder within your site.
- Click the Upload button.
- Either drag the image from your desktop or click the +Add button and select the image from your files.
- Once you have added the file, click Start Upload.
You will now see the image file in the images folder. Publish the image.
- Now go to the page you would like to place the image in. In this page, click the Main Content edit button.
- Now, click the Insert Snippet icon that is in the toolbar at the top.
- Select the Captioned Image option, then click Insert.
- In the box that appears, right click within the IMAGE section, and select Insert/Edit Image.
- An Insert/Edit Image window will pop up, click on the file icon next to Source.
- Find your image file by selecting your site, then the images folder, then the image you uploaded.
- Click Insert.
- You will be taken back to the Insert/Edit Image window. Write a description in the given area. Describe what is going on in the photo including colors, people, objects, etc.
*This step is important for maintaining a site that is accessible to those with disabilities.
- If you would like a caption for your image, write one in the CAPTION section.
- Save your content, by clicking the save icon in the upper left corner.
Your image will appear on the right side.
- Publish the page and you are all set.