Professional Programs & Training (PPAT) offers professional programs designed to help mid-level managers to become effective leaders. Learn to understand and build on core leadership strengths, focus time and energy on high priority tasks, communicate effectively and strategically, build high-performance teams, gain a strong, loyal customer base and plan for the future.
Open Enrollment Classes
Online classes in topics of interest to aspiring and seasoned leaders are available throughout the year. Current offerings include:
- Capacity Building for Long-Term Sustainability (8 hours)
- Effective Program Development (8 hours)
- Foundations of the Nonprofit Sector (8 hours)
- Getting the Most out of Budgeting and Financial Management (8 hours)
- Leading and Managing Nonprofit Organizations (8 hours)
- New Directions in Fundraising (8 hours)
- Strategies to Promote Your Organization (8 hours)
- Tapping the Reservoir of People (8 hours)
Our certificate programs provide both beginning and experienced managers and leaders with the knowledge and skill they need to excel.
The Nonprofit Management Certificate is comprised of eight courses which are focused on practical knowledge for nonprofit professionals. They are designed to be accessible and informative to those who are just starting out in the nonprofit sector as well as to individuals who have been working in the sector for many years. The courses cover the critical management topics essential for all nonprofit leaders.
Conferences and Special Events
In partnership with Common Ground Educational Foundation, Eastern Michigan University Professional Programs & Training presents the first annual African Americans in Unions (AAIU) Leadership Conference. Designed for workers, (union or non-union) and leaders from multiple industries, the AAIU Leadership Conference offers general sessions and workshops in a variety of topics to build community, explore new ideas, and learn strategies and skills to meet the needs and challenges facing workers today. The conference welcomes participants from all genders and all cultural or ethnic backgrounds.
- Office: 203 Boone Hall, Ypsilanti, MI 48197
- Call: 734.487.2259 or 800.932.8689
- Email: [email protected]