Browser, Network and ISP settings
Troubleshooting access to online resources.
- Change browser: Try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Browser cache full: Go to the browser settings and clear the history (cache) and cookies, restart your browser, and try to reconnect.
- Browser update required: Check to ensure that your browser is up to date and update as required.
- Security or certificate warnings: restore your browser to the default settings
- Browser add-ons or extensions: Zotero and some other add-ons can cause problems. Deactivate the remote access URL setting in Zotero. Try temporarily disabling other add-ons.
- Local firewall preventing use of the library proxy: This problem is especially common in corporate or institutional settings. Contact your local network administrator for support.
- Internet service provider (ISP) preventing use of the library proxy: Some ISPs, especially satellite providers, may prevent use proxies. Contact your ISP for support.