Alumni & Visitors
Beginning December 2020: The library building is only open to current students, faculty and staff. EMU ID card must be swiped for entrance. See updates on our Covid-19 information page.
Contactless pickup allows alumni and visitors with EMU library cards to borrow materials without entering the library building.
Library Cards for Alumni
- EMU alumni are eligible to receive a library courtesy card to checkout materials.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and must have a valid driver's license or Michigan ID card when applying for the card. Borrowing privileges are updated every six months (except for Friends of Eastern Michigan University Library cardholders).
- See loan periods and limits for more information.
Library Cards for Visitors
Visitors may be eligible for a library courtesy card - see requirements and more information about courtesy cards and other guest borrowing.
Access to Online Library Resources for Alumni and Visitors
- Remote access:
- The library's subscription online resources are not available to alumni from off-campus. Vendor contracts limit off-campus access to currently registered EMU students, faculty and staff.
- Mel.org provides access to selected research databases to all Michigan residents.
- JSTOR's Register & Read service provides limited free access to articles.
- Many of the library's research guides include selected free online resources. A few guides have research recommendations for alumni: