Tech Loans at Halle Library
EMU students may check out technology from the circulation desk at Halle Library.
- 5 Dell Latitude laptops
- 5 mice
- Disposable headphones
- 2 Lightning / Micro-USB / USB-C phone 3-in-1 charging cable
- Universal PC Laptop Charger
- Laptop Charger MacBook Air (45W)
- Laptop Charger MacBook USB-C (65W)
- Laptops only circulate to currently enrolled Eastern Michigan University students.
- Patrons must present a valid EMU Eagle Card to check out laptops.
- Laptops may not be removed from the library.
- Laptops circulate for 4 hours and may be renewed once if there is at least one laptop available.
- Laptops may be reserved in advance through Esearch.
- Laptops will circulate with a power cord and laptop lock. Mice are available separately.
- Do not leave the laptop unattended. If it is misplaced, stolen, or damaged while it is in your possession, you will be responsible for the replacement cost.
- Laptops must be returned to the Circulation Desk 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Fines will be assessed at $1.00 per hour. After 3 days, the laptop will be considered lost.
- Patrons will be responsible for damage, and damage will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Total lost replacement charges for laptops will be $1,000.00, this includes $930.00 lost item replacement, and $20.00 lost item processing and $50.00 maximum reserve fine.
- Patrons must adhere to the EMU Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources Policy
To reserve a laptop:
- Go to the laptops page in Esearch
- Sign in using your NetID where it says "sign in"
- Click Pickup in the center of the page
- Click on the calendar symbol next to "Start date" and choose the desired date and time (in 24h time). Reservations begin on the hour.
- Click on the calendar symbol next to "End date" and choose the desired time. The end time MUST be within 4 hours of the start time or the request will not go through.
- Click "Send Request".
- To pick up your laptop, go to the circulation desk at Halle Library with your ID. Your laptop will be on hold for you.
Funded by a grant from Women in Philanthropy at EMU