Borrowing & Renewing
My Account - renew EMU Library books and other materials.
Materials are checked out at the Circulation Desk. By borrowing items, patrons are accepting all circulation policies, and it is the responsibility of the patron to inform themselves of due dates, fines and other policies. Borrowing privileges may be revoked at the discretion of the library.
Who Can Borrow
- All currently registered EMU students, staff and faculty.
Identification Required to Borrow
EMU students, staff and faculty must have their EMU issued ID card to check out items. Patrons using a Library Courtesy Card must also present a state issued driver's license/ID or passport.
Loan Periods and Renewing
Items available for checkout have different Loan Periods & Limits. Some materials are eligible for renewal or an extended check-out date. Overdue fines and replacement fees are assigned based on the item type.
Library materials can be returned to the Bruce T. Halle Library on the EMU campus, the College of Business or by mail. Fines and fees will be based on when materials are received at the library.
- Halle Library
- The book return is located outside the entrance to the library, to the right of the doors.
- Interlibrary Loan, MeLCat, and Reserve materials should be returned directly to Circulation Desk staff.
- All other materials returned to circulation should be placed in book return slot on the left side of the desk.
- College of Business
- Books can be returned to the book drop on the main floor.
- If materials must be returned by mail, please address them to:
Circulation Desk / EMU Library / 955 W Circle Dr. / Ypsilanti, MI / 48197-2207