Courtesy Cards & Visitor Borrowing
Certain individuals outside of the current EMU community are eligible to receive a free library courtesy card:
- Eastern Michigan University Alumni
- City of Ypsilanti residents: Current driver's license or state ID with Ypsilanti address required
- University faculty from colleges and universities in Michigan and Ohio, with current faculty ID
- University of Michigan students, faculty, and staff
- ElderQuest participants
- High Scope Staff
MeLCat Visiting Patron Service - visitors from libraries that participate may check out materials by presenting a currently valid library card from the participating library and a picture ID.
Individuals who do not fit into any of these categories can purchase a card for $25 per year.
Borrowing Privileges and Requirements
Loan Periods and Limits lists Courtesy Card borrowing privileges.
Courtesy Card requirements:
- Courtesy cards must be picked up in person at the Circulation Desk.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, and must have a valid driver's license or state ID card when applying for the card.
- Borrowing privileges are valid until the end of the current semester. Exception: Purchased cards are valid for one calendar year.
- Visiting borrowers must present their EMU courtesy card and a picture ID (either a valid state ID or a driver's license) when checking out materials.
- Courtesy cards holders can not make Interlibrary Loan or MeLCat requests through the Library.