Drop-in research and technology assistance are available in the the APC.
Writing Consultation, technology assistance and research help are the standard services available at the Academic Projects Center on a drop-in basis.
Current services offered in the APC include the following:
Librarians are available to help with the research component of a project. Areas of assistance include:
- Getting started with research
- Identifying appropriate databases
- Developing search strategies
- Using library tools – catalog, databases, Find Text+, Zotero
- Locating scholarly journal articles
We can help you learn the basics of the information technology needed to produce or disseminate a project. These include:
- Using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Converting documents from Microsoft Word to Adobe PDF format
- Using Google Apps for Education at EMU (email, calendar)
- Preparing a poster for printing on the large format printer in the Halle Library
- Using the Canvas Course Management System
Tech Enhanced Group Workroom
We offer a tech enhanced group workroom, which features a 65" interactive monitor that can be used with your laptop or the built-in PC. The display features a collaborative whiteboard and webcam with Zoom, which makes the room a great location for group meetings or to rehearse presentations. It also includes a DVD/VCR player for viewing legacy media. Users can reserve this space in advance.
- Tech Enhanced Group Workroom User Guide
- BENQ RM 6503 Interative Display User Guide
- EZWrite 6 Manual (whiteboard)
Project Creation Space
We offer basic art and office supplies for student project creation.
The Academic Projects Center has been supported through a generous gift from the estate of Norman A. and Isabel H. Cosgrove. If you are interested in advancing the mission of the Academic Projects Center, please visit the EMU Foundation's page and use the fund code 01839 - Library Academic Projects Center Expendable Fund.
Appropriate referrals to more in-depth assistance available through the University Library will be provided to those whose projects require assistance beyond the current offerings available through the Center.