UWC for Faculty
The UWC offers EMU Faculty members writing support both for the classes they teach and the writing they do.
Writing Support for Teaching
To support you in your teaching, during Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 the UWC is offering faculty
Schedule a Writing Workshop
Which workshop is right for me? Read descriptions of our workshops
- syllabus text;
- videos or virtual visits to your class introducing the UWC's services to your students;
- synchronous Zoom workshops;
- short videos (4 - 9 minutes) focused on aspects of writing or particular writing strategies;
- pre-recorded, long videos (30 - 50 minutes) of common UWC workshops; and
- PDF slide decks from any UWC workshop.
Because we care about the health of our community, the UWC is not doing in-person workshops this semester.
If you have questions about UWC Workshops, contact the UWCV Workshop Coordinator, Rhonda L. McCaffery, at [email protected].
Writing Support for Your Writing
As an EMU faculty member, you can request a consultation or submit your own writing to the UWC for feedback through the UWCGS Writing Support Request form. For questions about faculty writing support, contact the UWCGS Coordinator, Beth Sabo, at [email protected].