- Master of Science in Chemistry (CHM) (30–34 hrs)
See a list of all EMU Chemistry and Biochemistry courses (CHEM prefix):
Graduate Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply advanced chemical concepts in a broad range of areas.
- Students will apply techniques appropriate to the student's area of research.
- Students will demonstrate professional skills and standards. Components include:
- Oral presentations
- Written reports
- Ethical standards
- Professional relationships
- Students will practice chemistry as a scientific endeavor. Components include:
- Articulate the purpose of an investigation in the broader context of the discipline
- Generate original data using appropriate methodology
- Evaluate the significance of original data
- Evaluate the relevance of literature data
- Draw conclusions relevant to an investigation