- Ph.D. Finance, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- M.S. Mathematical Finance, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- M.B.A., University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- B.S. in Business Management, Gardner-Webb University
Dr. Teague teaches courses in corporate finance, intermediate financial theory, international finance, and financial statement analysis. Before entering academia, Dr. Teague spent over twenty years working in corporate management in the heavy equipment industry. Prior to that, Dr. Teague worked in the financial services industry as a registered investment representative for Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P.
- FIN 350 Principles of Finance
- FIN358 Financial Statement Analysis
- FIN 450W Problems in Financial Management
- FIN 620 Financial Administration Policies
Research Interests & Projects
Dr. Teague’s primary research interests are in the areas of corporate finance, corporate governance, payout policy, and fixed income. His current projects are listed below under working papers.
- "Managerial Entrenchment and Share Repurchases: The Impact of Creditor-Alignment on the Cost of Debt", working paper.
- "Accelerated Share Repurchases: Value Creation or Extraction," with Tao-Hsien Dolly King, working paper.
- Semi-finalist for Best Paper Award at 2017 FMA Annual Meeting, Boston
- "Open Market Repurchases: Reexamining the Question of Bondholder Wealth Expropriation", working paper.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) - Level I
- American Finance Association (AFA)
- Financial Management Association (FMA)
- Midwest Finance Association (MFA)
- Southern Finance Association (SFA)
- Beta Gamm Sigma