- Ph.D. Finance, University of Tennessee
- MBA University of Missouri
- BS Nuclear Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University
Dr. Craig worked for over 15 years in the nuclear industry before entering academics. She uses her extensive corporate experience to strengthen her teaching in the classroom. She has been at EMU since 2015 and works extensively with our students as advisor for the EMU Honors College, finance student organization and Beta Gamma Sigma chapter.
- FIN 350 Principles of Finance
- FIN 357 Financial Markets and Institutions
- FIN 450W Problems in Financial Management
- FIN 455 Fixed Income
- FIN 615 Financial Markets and Institutions
- FIN661 Advanced Financial Management
Dr. Craig's has taught courses on financial management, fundamentals of finance, fixed income and financial markets and institutions.
Research Interests & Projects
Dr. Craig's primary research interests are in fixed income, corporate finance and financial markets and institutions. She is currently working on the following research projects:
- "Persistent Risk Taking and Bank Recovery from the 2007 Financial Crisis”, with Z. Chen and A. Ebrahim.
- “Debt Holder Perceptions of Tax Risk”, with R. McCarty
- “Time Value of Reflection”, with B. Hadley
- Awarded the 2017 Financial Education Association's Best Research Paper
- "Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Evidence from the U.S. Banking Industry in the Crash of the Energy Market", 2020, Energy Economics, with Z. Chen.
- "Political sensitivity and government oversight in the US corporate bond market: evidence from federal contractors", 2020, Corporate Governance, Vol. 20 No. 7, with B. Hadley
- “The January Sentiment Effect in the U.S. Corporate Bond Market”, 2018, Review of Behavioral Finance, 10 (4), with Z. Chen.
- “Do the International Monetary Fund Lending Programs Create Moral Hazard?”, 2016, Journal of Finance Issues, 15 (2), with J. McAllister.
- Financial Management Association
- Eastern Finance Association
- Southern Finance Association
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Finance Department Honors College Advisor
- Faculty advisor for the Financial Management Association's EMU Chapter
- Faculty advisor for the College of Business' Beta Gamma Sigma chapter, the business honor society
- James H. Brickley Endowment for Faculty Professional Development and Innovation - Teaching I, 2019
- Ronald W. Collins Distinguished Teaching Award, 2018 - 2019
- EMU Faculty Research Fellowship, 2016 - 2017, 2018 - 2019, 2020 - 2021
- EMU College of Business Outstanding Teaching Award, 2017
- EMU New Faculty Research Award, 2015