SEVIS Check In
All new F and J international students are required to complete the SEVIS Check-in.
Please note that you will need to complete the SEVIS check-in and receive your new I-20 before you are able to apply for a Michigan driver's license or begin on-campus employment. If you do not check in with the OISS, the OISS cannot process your arrival for immigration purposes and inform the U.S. government that you are attending classes at EMU. You risk losing your immigration status if you do not conduct your check-in in a timely manner.
SEVIS Check-in Procedures
- Attend the mandatory UNITED International Student Orientation.
- Submit your check-in documents using our SEVIS Check-In Document Submission Form
- Copy of page 1 of your I-20/DS-2019 that has been signed
- Copy of your passport picture page
- Copy of your F-1/J-1 student visa
- Copy of your most recent I-94
During check-in and orientation, we would be happy to answer any questions you have concerning EMU or settling in the United States.
We look forward to meeting you soon!