SEVIS Check In
All new F and J international students are required to check in at the OISS (240 Student Center).
1. Sign up for SEVIS check-in with the above button. Choose one day and time only. Be sure to click "submit and sign up" at the bottom of the page.
2. Complete the.
Please note that you will need to complete the check-in and receive your new I-20 before you are able to apply for a Michigan driver's license or begin on-campus employment. If you do not check in at the OISS, the OISS cannot process your arrival for immigration purposes and inform the U.S. government that you are attending classes at EMU. You risk losing your immigration status if you do not conduct your check-in in a timely manner.
At check-in, we would be happy to answer any questions you have concerning EMU or settling in the United States. We will also have many informational resources available for you to help in your transition to campus.
You must bring all the following documents with you to check in:
- EMU I-20 for F-1 students
- DS-2019 for J-1 students
- I-20/DS-2019 from other US schools, if applicable
- I-94 card (if you have one)
- SEVIS I-901 fee receipt
- Immigration documents of your dependents (spouse and/or children) like I-20 or DS-2019, I-94, passport and visa, if applicable
- Complete the New International Student Information Sheet
Please make sure you have all your documents and you have completed the New Student Information Sheet. If not, you will have to reschedule your SEVIS check-in.
We look forward to meeting you soon!