Transfer Students

Transferring to EMU from a US College Or University?

  • Apply Online.
  • Be fully admitted to EMU. Obtain Admission letter from International Admissions.
  • If not included with your Letter of Admission, print the “Transfer-In form”
  • Student Completes Section A of “Transfer-In form” form.
  • Make an appointment to see the International Student Advisor at your current school. Take with you the following
    1. Transfer-In form from EMU.
    2. EMU Letter of Admission.
  • Ask Advisor to complete Section B of “Transfer-In form” form and to release your SEVIS record to EMU.
  • Bring the following documents to Office for International Students & Scholars (240 Student Center) or e-mail the scanned documents to :
    1. Completed Transfer-In form.
    2. Current I-20 or DS-2019 (all pages)
    3. F1/J1 visa stamp in passport (if applicable)
    4. Current I-94 (front & back)
  • Obtain a new “transfer pending” I-20 from Office for International Students & Scholars (OISS); this will not be available until 5-10 business days after your SEVIS record is released from your current school.
  • Visit the Office for International Students & Scholars (OISS) website for New Student information.
    1. Register for your mandatory SEVIS Check-in.
    2. Sign up for mandatory Orientation.
  • You must visit EMU's Office for International Students & Scholars within 15 days of classes starting. You will receive a transfer I-20. This new I-20 is required to maintain legal status.
Resources admissions Divider
check in
appointments Divider