Understanding your eBill
Student billing statements are generated and available to view at ebill.emich.edu on a weekly basis. If changes are made to the student account, (courses added, courses dropped, miscellaneous charges added, payments made, etc) a new billing statement will be generated and an email will be sent to the student’s MyEmich email address. Students are responsible for viewing each billing statement and making payments by the due dates listed. Failure to make payments on time may result in late fees, registration holds and transcript holds. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Account Alerts: Important notifications that are specific to your account.
- Announcements: General information and helpful tools for understanding your account.
- Balance: The current amount owed on the account. (This amount does not include any financial aid that is complete, but not yet paid on the account.)
- Estimated Financial Aid: The total of financial aid awards that is complete, but has not yet paid to the account. This item will not be displayed once aid has disbursed to the account. (Federal regulations prohibit the disbursement of funds to student accounts prior to 10 days before the first day of classes for the semester.)
- Balance Including Estimated Aid: The amount due after estimated aid is deducted from the balance listed in #3. This item will not be displayed once aid has disbursed to the account.
- View Account Activity: Real time display of all transactions on the account. May differ from activity displayed on the most recent statement (Bill Amount #8).
- eBill Statement: Lists the most recent billing statement generated. The statement is a snapshot of the account and may not include all transactions listed under #6 (Account Activity). Click on "A new bill" to open the statement.
- Bill Amount: The amount due according to the last billing statement. This amount may differ from the amount listed under #3 (Balance) if adjustments (payments, charges added, charges reduced, etc.) to the account have occurred since the last billing statement was produced.
Understanding your Billing Statement
- Term: The current semester being billed.
- Amount Due: The total amount due, including past due charges. Shown in two places.
- Due Date: The date by which the payment is to be received by EMU.
- Previous Billed Balance: Charges that initially appeared on a prior billing statement that remain unpaid. Refer to previous billing statement for detailed information. Shown in two places.
- Current Charges/Payments: An itemized breakdown of charges and payments that have been applied to the account since the last billing statement was generated.
- Current Billed Balance: The total of the current charges minus the current payments/credits.
- Authorized Financial Aid: Financial Aid payments that are scheduled to pay to the account. Funds will be credited no sooner than 10 days before the first day of classes. To view the status of aid not reflected on the statement, check for outstanding requirements at my.emich.edu.
- Future Balance: Prepayments or charges for an upcoming semester that have not been charged or credited to the account.
- Notices: Account specific and/or important information will be displayed.