Nicolette Carlone is a highly energetic executive with a focus on real estate, infrastructure and education. Her outstanding personality and ability to manage relationships in all settings contributes to her success. Nicolette has more than 30 years of combined experience in private/public institutions in financial and management positions in various industries. She is currently spearheading a sale and restructuring of a private enterprise. Prior to taking on this project, she was the chief executive officer of the Detroit Public Lighting Authority (PLA), whose mission is to improve, modernize and maintain Detroit’s street lighting system. Nicolette joined the PLA as chief financial officer in February 2014 and was named chief operating officer in August 2015 prior to serving as CEO from February 2016 to July 2017. She was instrumental in securing the $185 million financing that made the capital project possible. She also served as an independent consultant, facilitating companies with chief financial officer projects, and held senior management positions with the Hayman Company, Pulte Homes and General Motors. She consistently saved thousands of dollars and streamlined operations in various companies. Nicolette is a certified public accountant and holds a Real Estate Broker License.
- Active board member on the College of Business Advisory Board at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Adjunct faculty business professor at Macomb Community College
- Volunteer at College of Business mentoring programs and events
- Real estate investor for residential and commercial properties
- Eastern Michigan University, MBA, Management
- University of Michigan-Dearborn, BSA, Professional Accounting
- Certified public accountant