John Ross is a managing director and leads the firm's business development efforts. Further, he is responsible for initiating and managing client relationships, and managing the appropriate firm resources to respond to clients' valuation, investment banking, dispute advisory, and other consulting needs. John has extensive experience with Fortune 500, middle market and international companies.
- Joint venture advisement
- Corporate finance
- International taxation
- Fairness and solvency opinions
- Ad valorem taxation
- Estate and gift tax
- Cost segregation
- Property insurance placement
- Feasibility and marketability studies
- Intellectual property
- Transfer pricing
- Corporate conversions
- Complex securities
- Bankruptcy and reorganization
- Other business, tax, transaction advisory and litigation related matters
John has presented seminars on various subjects related to valuation, investment banking and litigation related issues.
Prior to co-founding Stout, John worked with two international valuation consulting firms, where he planned and managed valuation engagements for various purposes in a broad range of industries worldwide. John has also held positions at a Fortune 500 company and in public accounting.
- Dean of Business School of Eastern Michigan, board of advisors
- Privately-held tax consulting firm, board of advisors
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Institute of Property Taxation
- Turnaround Management Association
- International Association of Corporate Real Estate Executives
- Risk Insurance Management
- Financial Executives International
- Detroit Chapter of Business Forums International, co-founder
He is also a member of the Birmingham Country Club and Detroit Athletic Club.