Use of Credits from Prior EMU Coursework

Credits earned during completion of a graduate certificate may be applied to a master's or specialist degree if in the same field of study, with the approval of the academic department.

Transfer of credit requests cannot be used for EMU credit.  We do not transfer EMU credit to EMU.  If using prior EMU coursework (excluding certificate) on an EMU degree, you must indicate competency met and replace with other credits to total at least 30 credits of "new" work.

Graduate degrees earned at Eastern Michigan University or another accredited institution may be applied (in part or in total) to a student's doctoral program of study at the discretion of the student's doctoral program adviser.

Submit the Petition for Modification or Waiver of Policy Form.

Skip Section Navigation