Register for Classes

Once admitted, you will need to register for classes.

You can register online or in person at the Office of Records and Registration. Each student must activate a my.emich account using his/her student ID and PIN number. Through the Student Service section of my.emich, you can search for classes, register, view and accept financial aid offers, view bills and pay online.

You must register for classes in the semester for you which you were admitted to.  If you cannot attend courses that semester, but would still like to enroll within 2 years of your original admission, please update your application to a later semester using this form (note: some programs i.e. Physician Assistant, Psychology, Communication Sciences and Disorders) require a new application. Please contact the program coordinator or the Admissions Office for eligibility to use this form).  If you change your mind about your concentration, or decide to enroll in a different program, please apply again following instructions on this page

Students must submit a new application to change their prog of study or  to change their concentration.

Please schedule an appointment with your academic/graduate advisor as soon as possible. A program of study must be prepared and on file with the Office of Records and Registration, 303 Pierce Hall, within your first semester on campus. The program of study is a list of courses you will take to complete your degree. This document is also used for financial aid awards and the processing of transfer of credit requests or petitions to waive Graduate School policies. Changes may be made to the program of study through an email sent by your adviser to the Office of Records and Registration. An up-to-date copy of the program of study should be sent to Records prior to graduation.

Visit Records and Registration for complete information.

Skip Section Navigation