Time to Degree
- Students have seven (7) years to complete the requirements for the doctoral degree from the date of first enrollment in the doctoral program at EMU (see the section on doctoral programs).
- Specialist’s degree requirements must be completed within six (6) years of degree admission if entering with a master’s degree or eight years if entering with a bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree requirements must be completed within six (6) years of first enrollment the master’s degree program.
- Combined bachelor’s-master’s programs must be completed within six (6) years of first enrollment in courses numbered 500 and above.
- Graduate Certificate requirements must be completed within three (3) years of first enrollment in a course applicable to the certificate.
Regardless of time limitations above, coursework older than ten years, whether taken at EMU or elsewhere, may not be used to satisfy degree requirements.
Programs are not required to permit students to extend time-to-degree limitations.
Instructions on how to use the online petition system can be found under Petitions for Modification/Waiver of Policy.