Eastern Michigan University uses PageUp as its talent management and applicant tracking system. Many aspects of the hiring process are managed within the PageUp environment. The Human Resources Department is here to help support you through the hiring process. Below is some important information and links to documents to review.
- After you receive approval to fill a position, you will submit a requisiton to post your position through PageUp. The HR Team will review your requisition along with other mandatory approvers on the work flow. Once fully approved, your posting will be visible on Eastern’s job board and contracted job posting sites. You may request additional job posting sites from your HR coordinator.
- A talent coordinator will reach out to you to schedule a recruitment kickoff meeting.
- Here are some helpful links to documents that will be discussed in the meeting:
- Once you have decided who you want to offer the position to, you will complete the hiring proposal/offer card within PageUp. The proposal will be electronically routed for approval to the responsible HR Business Partner and the HR Compensation team.
- The compensation team will review the proposal, provide a recommended salary, and give approval for the hiring manager to make a verbal offer to the candidate.
- The hiring manager extend the employment offer contingent upon a background investigation and finalize a start date.
- Once the candidate verbally accepts, the hiring manager must change the applicant's status in PageUp so that the talent coordinator may initiate the offer letter via the PageUp system. The background check will be completed after the candidate accepts the contingent offer.
Are you hiring a graduate student? Visit our hiring a graduate student resource center.
Need some help with the process? Find the right person to contact [PDF].