The Human Resources Department is here to help support you through the hiring process. Below is some important information and links to documents to review.
- After you receive approval to fill a position, your HR recruitment coordinator will post it to Eastern’s job board and contracted job posting sites. You may request additional job posting sites from your HR coordinator.
- A talent specialist will reach out to you to schedule a recruitment kickoff meeting.
- Here are some helpful links to documents that will be discussed in the meeting:
- Once you have decided who you want to offer the position to, fill out the hiring proposal [PDF] document and send it the the employment specialist and compensation analyst.
- The compensation analyst reviews the salary, provides a recommended salary, and gives approval for the hiring manager to make a verbal offer to the candidate.
- The hiring manager extend the employment offer contingent upon a background investigation and finalize a start date.
- The employment specialist does a background investigation and, upon results, emails offer letter to you and the new hire.
Are you hiring a graduate student? Visit our hiring a graduate student resource center.
Need some help with the process? Find the right person to contact [PDF].