Retirement Health Reimbursement Account
Eastern Michigan University is proud to offer a reimbursement account to qualifying retirees of EMU. The information on this page outlines this program as well as how to submit for reimbursement with HSA Bank, who administers this program.
Eligibility is summarized in the As You Retire document [PDF] and is governed by any collective bargaining agreement. This benefit is for age 65 and older (AC, AH, AP, CA, FA) retirees who make proper and timely enrollment. If you are not 65 and older at the time you retire from EMU, you may apply once you turn age 65. Eligibility is extended after any EMU or other medical benefits plan ends. Retirees shall forfeit all rights to said EMU provided reimbursement for supplement insurance for the period of time that he/she is eligible for, or is covered by, any other medical benefits plan. Members receiving benefits through MPSERS are not eligible for this reimbursement program.
Example: EMU continued coverage, spouse's employer insurance, COBRA, etc.
What the program provides:
- Maximum of $160 per month.
- This is for premiums only, not medical, dental, vision, or Rx expenses incurred.
- This reimburses the member's premiums only, not a spouse.
- This benefit is non-transferable to your spouse or other person.
- This reimburses premiums for a Medigap Supplement plan.
- This reimburses premiums for a Prescription drug plan under Medicare Part D.
- This reimburses premiums for a traditional Medicare coverage with a federally-approved Medicare Advantage Plan.
- This program does not reimburses premiums for Medicare Part A and Part B.
- The program does not reimburse dental or vision plan premiums.
EMU has contracted with HSA Bank to reimburse you for this program. Your eligibility is established by EMU and you must make proper application with EMU to be a part of this program. Once you have applied and EMU has worked with HSA Bank to activate your account you can then work with HSA Bank to start the reimbursement process.
- EMU HRA Application form [PDF] (Not needed if you had an account with BASIC)
- HSA Bank online account instructions [PDF]
- Setting up Direct Deposit [PDF]
- Need help setting up your online account: Call 844.650.8936 and press 5.
Apply for Reimbursement
- You can do this online, through a mobile app or paper form [PDF].
- Instructions [PDF] for applying for reimbursement & recurring payments.
- Mail the form and supporting documents to: HSA Bank, P.O. Box 2744, Fargo, ND 58108-2744
- FAX the form and supporting documents to: 855.764.5689
- Email the form and supporting documents to: [email protected]
- Questions about submitting the form? Call 844.650.8936 and press 4.
Timing of Reimbursement
- The $160 per month is accrued on the last day of each month.
- Reimbursements are paid to eligible retirees at the end of the month, provided receipts are submitted timely.
- Example: Receipts for January expenses are paid at the end of January, beginning of February. The money is deposited at the end of the month.
You have until the end of February of the next year to complete your submission for reimbursement of the previous year.
Example: Receipts for the 2021 calendar year must be submitted by February 28, 2022.