Leaves of Absence

You may need to request a leave of absence from your position. These special circumstances and the processes of seeking leave are outlined below.

Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)

In general, you can receive leave with or without pay of up to 12 work weeks per rolling year for family or medical purposes as defined in the family and medical leave guidelines [PDF]. To qualify for FMLA, you'll need to have been employed for at least a year and completed 1250 hours of service (does not include paid or unpaid leave time) immediately before the start date of the leave. To apply for FMLA, choose the appropriate form below.

Military Leave

If you are a member of the armed services, you have certain rights concerning your position in event of deployment. Find out more on the U.S. Department of Labor website. If you are the family member or caregiver of military personnel and need to request leave for medical reasons, please use the qualifying form below.

Medical Forms

Other Types of Leave