Course Reserves Information for Faculty
The library will not have physical course reserves in Winter 2021, as we are prioritizing safety for both users and staff.
We can provide help with some alternatives to physical course reserves:
- Request a library e-book purchase based on availability (most commercial textbooks can't be purchased as library ebooks).
- Request digitization of parts of books you usually have on course reserve. Note that the amount and type of material that can be digitized is subject to copyright/fair use limitations.
- Contact a subject librarian to request a consultation for assistance identifying alternative online materials to use in your course.
To Request Digitization
- Search Esearch for the book you want digitized.
- Click on the title of the book.
- Click "Sign In" in the upper right hand corner.
- Click "Sign In using your EMU Net ID"
- In the center of the page, under the heading "Get It", click "Request: Digitization"
- Fill in the digitization request form with as much information as possible. To find chapter titles or page numbers, scroll down the detail page in Esearch to find a table of contents for most books.
- Put the course number in the “Comment” line.
- Put the date you need the article to be delivered to your students as the “Pickup Date.”
- Once we receive your request, we will send you a confirmation email within 3 business days. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email [email protected]
Receiving the Scan
- The scan will be delivered in PDF format.
- Currently, the library does not have the capability to support non-text digitization.
- If you would like assistance finding an alternative, please contact your subject librarian.
Personal Copies Currently on Reserve
- We still have personal copies on reserve from Fall 2019 and Winter 2020. We will remove these books from our collection and return them to you.
- If you would like us to digitize parts of them, email [email protected]