Course Reserves Information for Faculty
Materials placed on Reserve can be found at the Circulation Desk. To see a listing of current course reserve material, visit the Course Reserves page, call 734-487-2562, or ask at the library Circulation Desk.
Print/Media Reserves Procedures
All teaching faculty (others must have special permission from the Coordinator, Circulation Services) may place materials on Reserve for their classes within the following guidelines:
- Use the Faculty Reserve Request form.
- Lists are processed as they are received. Please allow 5 days for processing.
- Lists submitted 30 days before the beginning of the semester will be used.
- Reserve lists should be restricted to required readings.
- Additions to reserve lists will not be processed until all previously submitted lists have been completed.
- When placing materials on course reserves the EMU Library adheres to the requirements of the Copyright Act of 1976, United States Code, Title 17, Section 107 and all subsequent amendments and interpretations of this law. For more information see Fair Use.
- Use the online Faculty Reserve Request form or ask at the Circulation Desk for a print form. Only the standard form will be accepted. Lists that are illegible or lack essential information will be returned.
- Print materials may be placed on Reserve for 2-hour, 24-hours, 3-day, and 7-day loan periods.
- Media will be placed on 4-hour Reserve.
Personal Copies of Books or Coursepacks
- Personal copies of books or other items placed on reserve will need to be barcoded. The barcode is normally placed on the inside cover, or if the inside cover contains information it is placed on the first available page. If requested and when possible, library staff will make other arrangements.
- The Library is not responsible for damage to personal copies of books placed on reserve.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-487-2562.