Waitlist a Class
Once the enrollment limit for a waitlisted section has been reached, but before the waitlist maximum has been reached, the student will be given the opportunity to add their name to a section's waitlist.
Note: Non-waitlisted students cannot register for the section until the actual enrollment drops below the maximum enrollment minus the waitlist actual.
Follow these directions to add your name to a section's waitlist:
- Register for classes. See Registering for Classes for more information.
Note: Once the enrollment maximum has been met for a section the Status column displays the error CLOSED-000 WAITLISTED in the Registration Add Errors section.
- The number of waitlisted students (000) will be displayed in the Status column message CLOSED - 000 WAITLISTED. This message is also a way for you to know you order on the waitlist.
- If the waitlist is full, the Status column will display the message CLOSED - WAITLIST FULL.
- You can select Web Drop from the Action field pull-down arrow to be removed from the waitlist.
- You can take advantage of the waitlist feature only if you have met the course restrictions, co-requisites, and/or prerequisites.
- If you want to ensure you are registered for a particular course, but the section(s) requires you to be placed on a waitlist, you can register for the alternate section and waitlist yourself for one or more sections of the same course.
- Click the Action field pull-down arrow and select Waitlist from the list.
- When you are finished, click the Submit Changes button.
- When you are finished, click the Student Services tab to return to the Student Services menu.