It's your responsibility to make sure you've met all requirements for graduation. Consult with your advisor and the graduate catalog regarding requirements for your program.
- You must submit an online application on or before the deadline for each semester.
- You must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in all graduate-level courses taken at EMU and in your program of study to remain in good academic standing and be eligible for graduation.
- You also must be fully admitted to the program from which you plan to graduate. A conditional admission status will prevent graduation. If you were admitted with conditions (pre-requisite coursework or low GPA) make sure conditions have been met and your program advisor has contacted the Admissions Office to update your status.
- A current program of study, signed by your program advisor, must be on file with the Office of Records and Registration.
- If your program of study includes transfer credit, old coursework that has passed the time limit for completion of requirements or other exceptions to Graduate School policy, be sure to submit paperwork for approval to the Graduate School.
If you apply for graduation but fail to complete degree requirements, notify the Office of Records and Registration in writing. You'll need to submit a new online graduation application for a subsequent semester (no additional fee is required).
You should expect to receive your degree verification letter within three to four weeks after the close of the semester in which your degree is conferred. Diplomas (with a complimentary transcript) are mailed approximately six to eight weeks after the close of the semester in which the degree is conferred.