Writing that Matters to Me
YpsiWrites wants to share the writing that is uplifting and calming you during this time of uncertainty. We have started a collection of videos to capture what we are reading and writing right now. If you would like to share a video with us, you have two options: (1) share what you’re reading or (2) share what you’re writing. If you would like to participate, follow these steps.
Option 1: Share what you’re reading
1. Pick a piece of writing that is helping you right now and that you want to share with others. You can choose a poem, quotation, short story, novel, essay, or something else!
2. Record a video (up to one minute) of yourself talking about your chosen piece of writing. You might talk about what this piece of writing means to you and how it is helping you through this time. We want to respect copyright laws, so please refrain from reading the work aloud.
3. Email your video to YpsiWrites, [email protected] In your email please include your name, your connection to YpsiWrites (e.g. Ypsilanti resident), and the author and title (if applicable) of the writing you are sharing.
Option 2: Share what you’re writing
1. Pick a piece of your own writing and share with us the process you used to write it. We want to hear about the what, why, and how of your writing.
2. Record a video (up to one minute) of yourself talking about your chosen piece of writing. You might talk about what the writing is, why you wrote it, or how you wrote or are completing it. You might even talk about challenges you faced and how you overcame them.
3. Email your video to YpsiWrites, [email protected] In your email please include your name and your connection to YpsiWrites (e.g. Ypsilanti resident).
- Watch the videos we have collected so far!
- While we hope to post as many videos as possible, not all of the videos we receive will be posted.
- The videos we select will be posted on our Facebook and Instagram accounts (@ypsiwrites).
- The email you send to [email protected] with your video will serve as your permission to post the video on our social media platforms.