> Free at-home COVID-19 Tests: Free at-home COVID-19 tests ordered on www.covidtests.gov and delivered by USPS. Limit of 1 order per household. Each order contains 4 individual tests.
> Select the link below to go to BCBS website and learn about at-home COVID-19 testing and reimbursement. At-home COVID-19 testing and reimbursement
Eastern Michigan University offers its staff and faculty members a choice of comprehensive health plan options. The choice of plan depends on the employee group. Eligibility is based upon the criteria established for each group.
Our benefits emphasize prevention and health maintenance, promote quality of life, and support excellence in our workforce. We are committed to maintaining a comprehensive and competitive benefits program for our employees and their families to attract the people needed to carry out our mission as a University and community.
Benefits Enrollment and Eligibility
Eastern offers benefits for full-time employees which may include:
- Health, vision and dental
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Short-term disability (for certain employee groups)
- Long-term disability
- Retirement benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition waivers
You may also receive an annual leave allowance including paid vacation, sick or bereavement time. You can enroll in benefits or change them during open enrollment or in certain circumstances.
For more information, download the 2023 Benefits Overview [PDF].
Michigan No-Fault Insurance Reform Effective July 2020
In 2020, Governor Whitmer signed a bipartisan no-fault auto insurance reform bill designed to provide savings to Michigan drivers and strengthen consumer protections.
What you can do:
- Download the EMU letter for No Fault Insurance
- Print your Employee Summary Report or Employee Detail Report from the BenefitFocus site
- Log in my.emich and click Benefits and Deductions (Staff/Faculty) in the Employee Services box
- On the next screen, click Benefits Information on BenefitFocus
- Log into BenefitFocus with the same log in you use for my.emich
- Click on the green button "Enroll Now!"
- In the BenefitFocus system "Welcome to the EMU Benefits Enrollment Portal", you can access and review your benefits in different ways:
- In the upper right hand corner, under Benefits you can select the Employee Summary Report or Employee Detail Report
- Provide the EMU letter for No Fault Insurance and the report from BenefitFocus to your auto carrier or agent.
Please consult with your automobile insurance carrier if you have any questions about the terms and coverage options of your no-fault policy. EMU cannot answer questions about your no-fault automobile policy. If you have questions about obtaining your information, you may contact the HR Benefits team at [email protected] or call 734.487.3195.