> Free at-home COVID-19 Tests: Free at-home COVID-19 tests ordered on www.covidtests.gov and delivered by USPS. Limit of 1 order per household. Each order contains 4 individual tests.
> Select the link below to go to BCBS website and learn about at-home COVID-19 testing and reimbursement. At-home COVID-19 testing and reimbursement
Eastern Michigan University offers its staff and faculty members a choice of comprehensive health plan options. The choice of plan depends on the employee group. Eligibility is based upon the criteria established for each group.
Our benefits emphasize prevention and health maintenance, promote quality of life, and support excellence in our workforce. We are committed to maintaining a comprehensive and competitive benefits program for our employees and their families to attract the people needed to carry out our mission as a University and community.
Benefits Enrollment and Eligibility
Eastern offers benefits for full-time employees which may include:
- Health, vision and dental
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Short-term disability (for certain employee groups)
- Long-term disability
- Retirement benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition waivers
For more information, download the 2022 Benefits Overview [PDF].
Michigan No-Fault Insurance Reform Effective July 2020
In 2020, Governor Whitmer signed a bipartisan no-fault auto insurance reform bill designed to provide savings to Michigan drivers and strengthen consumer protections.
What you can do:
- Download the EMU letter for No Fault Insurance
- Print your Employee Summary Report or Employee Detail Report from the BenefitFocus site
- Log in my.emich and click the employee tab
- In the box on the right side of the screen, Click on "Enroll in Benefits"
- Log into BenefitFocus with the same log in you use for my.emich
- Click on the green button "Enroll Now"
- On the screen that says "Welcome to the EMU Benefits Enrollment Portal", you can access and review your benefits in different ways:
- Click on Employee Summary Report or Employee Detail Report, under My Documents on the bottom left of the screen
- Provide both to your auto carrier or agent
Please consult with your automobile insurance carrier if you have any questions about the terms and coverage options of your no-fault policy. EMU cannot answer questions about your no-fault automobile policy. If you have questions about obtaining your information, you may contact the HR Benefits team at [email protected] or call 734.487.3195.