October 22, 2018 – November 11, 2018
Open enrollment is the time of year when faculty and staff can review and make changes to their health and other benefit elections for the upcoming calendar year. If eligible, you may enroll in or change your coverage for the EMU Medical [PDF], dental, disability and life insurance and other Voluntary plans [PDF]. In addition, eligible faculty and staff may enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts.
Open Enrollment for 2019 begins Monday, October 22 and ends at 8 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
During Open Enrollment, you may make changes to your benefits as often as you wish through the online Benefitfocus enrollment system. Plan changes and any new Plan Rates [PDF] will go into effect on January 1, 2019 and will remain in effect through December 31, 2019 as long as you remain eligible. 2019 Benefits Overview [PDF]
This year, no action is required to keep your current benefits through 2019, with the following exceptions How to Enroll [PDF]:
- Spousal Exclusion: if your spouse has gained or lost subsidized medical and/or dental coverage through his/her employer for 2019, you must review and update your medical and/or dental elections accordingly. For all EMU faculty and staff, spouses must take their employers’ coverage first, if available.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: IRS regulations do not allow FSA enrollments to cross calendar years and faculty and staff need to re-enroll for 2019.
- Dependents and beneficiaries [PDF]: during open enrollment, faculty and staff are encouraged to check and update coverage for their dependents.
- Dental coverage for dependents over 19: your child is allowed to remain on EMU’s dental plan only if they are in school and continue to be a dependent , per IRS rules and regulations for 2019.
Daily training/ info session have been scheduled, twice a day, at the Halle Library during the first week of Open Enrollment (October 22–October 26, 2018). To reserve your spot, please click on the link below:
- 2018 EMU Summary AC, AH, AP, CA, VF, CS, PE, PT [PDF]
- 2018 EMU Summary FA, LE Active & COBRA [PDF]
- 2018 EMU Summary CP,PS FM [PDF]