EMU Open Enrollment
Open enrollment is the time of year when you can enroll or make changes to your benefit elections for the next calendar year. Changes made during Open Enrollment are effective January 1st and typically remain in effect until the end of the calendar year or until you lose eligibility. Open Enrollment is now closed.
Outside of Open Enrollment, certain life events, such as marriage or the birth or adoption of a child, may allow you to make specific benefits changes related to the event. Be sure to review Life Events for important rules and deadlines you must meet in order to change your benefits due to a qualified family status change. Changes are usually effective as of the event date but may be reflected in your paycheck, per the payroll processing calendar deadlines. How to View or Make Changes [PDF].
- If you do not request a change in coverage within 30 days of a qualifying event, you must wait until the next Open Enrollment period to make changes.
- Verification of Dependents [PDF]
Benefits You Can Change Any Time
The TIAA Retirement Savings Plans and Beneficiaries for your Life Insurance are not part of Open Enrollment and you may enroll, view or make changes at any time. To compare 403b and 457b plans, here is a comparison document to view.
- 403(b) TIAA Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA)
- EMU contributions and EMU match are part apply to the 403b Plan Option
- The EMU match requires you to contribute a percentage (not a dollar amount)
- 457(b) TIAA Deferred Compensation Plan is an additional form of retirement savings for faculty and staff and offers you the option to contribute
- pre-tax employee contributions election or
- post-tax ROTH employee contributions
- The combined total of both pre and post tax ROTH cannot exceed IRS limits