Non-Reservable Group Study Rooms
These rooms are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors and are first come-first served. Because these rooms are non-reservable, an honor system of collegiality and cooperation is expected from every user.
- Priority is given to groups of EMU students.
- Individuals or non-EMU groups may be asked to vacate a room. If there is a problem, contact a library staff member at the Circulation Desk or 734-487-2562.
- Rooms include white boards, but no computers.
Individual Study Rooms
- Keys can be checked out at the Circulation Desk for 4-hour blocks during normal library building hours.
- Rooms should remain locked at all times.
- Rooms cannot be renewed for additional hours during a 24-hour period.
- Rooms are available to current EMU students, faculty, and staff.
- Rooms cannot be reserved in advance.
- The overdue fine for the key is $1.00 per hour or $50 for key replacement.
Faculty Study Rooms
- Daily use: Rooms on the 3rd floor of the library (307E and 307F) may be checked out by faculty weekdays only on a first-come, first-served basis through the Library Administration office (room 200). In exchange for your EagleOne Card, you will be given a key to the study room.
- Semester-Long Use: Faculty Senate controls the allocation of six faculty offices in the library, intended as places to study and conduct research with library materials. Faculty Senate provides guidelines and application information for use of these offices.
- Emeritus Faculty Study Room: Please contact the Administration Office, Room 200, 734.487.2633.
Behavior, Privacy, and Personal Property
- All study room users must conform to the University’s policies for personal conduct.
- Damage to the room will result in the loss of the ability to reserve and/or occupy any of these rooms.
- Noise levels from any conversations must not disturb others.
- All study room users are expected to be courteous and leave the room ready for the next group.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to hold a room by any individual or group and may be removed by Library staff to allow others to use the space.
- Staff reserves the right to enter any study room at any time.
- Any obstruction to the windows is prohibited.
- The University and its staff are not responsible for unattended, lost, stolen or damaged items.
See Study Areas and Study Rooms policy for more information.