Reserve a Study Room
Rooms 205B, 205C, 205D and 205E are available to reserve up to 7 days in advance during the following hours the library is open: Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays: 9 a.m.–5 p.m. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis during hours that reservations are not available.
- Reservations must be placed through the online system 12 hours in advance.
- These rooms are only available for groups of 2–8. They are not intended for individual use.
- When booking a room, a student must use their my.emich email address. The student will receive a link through this email address, which MUST be confirmed.
- A group may reserve a study room in one-hour increments up to a maximum of two hours per day and four hours per week.
- To cancel a reservation, please use the link provided in the confirmation email. Please cancel at least 12 hours prior to the reservation start time. If a reservation is not cancelled, the reservation hour(s) will still be a part of the total hours per day/week allowed.
- Rooms are unlocked; no key is necessary to access the room.
- Daily Schedules showing reservations will be posted each morning. If the room has not been reserved for a particular time, it can be used as available. Spontaneous users must depart the room when a reserved time slot approaches. Individual users must depart the room for a group wishing to use the space for collaborative work.
These rooms are located on the second and third floors and are first come-first served. Because these rooms are non-reservable, an honor system of collegiality and cooperation is expected from every user.
- Priority is given to groups of EMU students.
- Individuals or non-EMU groups may be asked to vacate a room. If there is a problem, contact a library staff member at the Circulation Desk or 734.487.2562.
- Rooms include white boards, but no computers.
- Keys can be checked out at the Circulation Desk for 4-hour blocks during normal library building hours.
- Rooms should remain locked at all times.
- Rooms cannot be renewed for additional hours during a 24-hour period.
- Rooms are available to current EMU students, faculty, and staff.
- Rooms cannot be reserved in advance.
- The overdue fine for the key is $1.00 per hour or $50 for key replacement.
- Daily use: Study Rooms may be checked out by faculty on a first-come, first-served basis at the Circulation Desk according to individual Study Room policies.
- Semester-Long Use: Faculty Senate controls the allocation of six faculty offices in the library, intended as places to study and conduct research with library materials. Faculty Senate provides guidelines and application information for use of these offices.
- All study room users must conform to the University’s policies for personal conduct.
- Damage to the room will result in the loss of the ability to reserve and/or occupy any of these rooms.
- Noise levels from any conversations must not disturb others.
- All study room users are expected to be courteous and leave the room ready for the next group.
- Unattended personal property may not be used to hold a room by any individual or group and may be removed by Library staff to allow others to use the space.
- Staff reserves the right to enter any study room at any time.
- Any obstruction to the windows is prohibited.
- The University and its staff are not responsible for unattended, lost, stolen or damaged items.
See Study Areas and Study Rooms policy for more information.