If you're seeking information about your progress toward graduation, please contact your College Advising Center, your department/faculty advisor or the University's online degree audit system, u.achieve through my.emich (for undergraduate only).
Credit Hour Change
Beginning in Fall 2022, all baccalaureate degree programs for all undergraduates (regardless of catalog year) will require a minimum of 120 credits hours for completion. Click to review the FAQs (PDF).
To graduate with a degree or certificate, you must submit a formal application for graduation online via my.emich's student services tab during the semester you'll complete all requirements. An application is needed for each degree and/or certificate you're applying for. The deadline to apply is the last day of the semester in which you'll finish your requirements. No applications will be accepted after this day.
The application fee is $110 for each degree and/or certificate and it will be applied to your student account.
Applying For Graduation Online
Here's how to apply for graduation online:
- Log in to your my.emich account.
- Click on the Student Tab and then Student Records
- Click on Apply to Graduate.
Re-application for Graduation
If you don't satisfy degree requirements, including the removal of incompletes in required courses or providing official transcripts for course work taken at other colleges or universities, you'll need to submit a new application for a subsequent semester. No additional fee is required. If you know you aren't going to complete your requirements after applying, please notify Records and Registration so we can inactivate your application. Notification must be made in writing and can be submitted:
Note: Failure to reapply for graduation for a future semester will result in a degree not being awarded.
You should expect to receive your degree-verification letter in two to four weeks after the close of the semester in which your degree or certificate is conferred. Diplomas will be shipped to you via UPS approximately six to eight weeks after the close of the semester in which your degree is conferred. Financial obligations must be met before you may receive your diploma.
Fall 2023 (December)
- Apply online now through December 15, 2023
- Apply by November 1, 2023 to have your name included in commencement materials
- The commencement ceremony will take place on December 17, 2023
- SPECIAL NOTE for Summer '23 Graduates: Summer '23 Graduates that did not attend the April '23 ceremony and wish to participate in the December commencement ceremony should submit this form by November 15. You may return it via email as an attachment to [email protected], or you may mail it to our office (EMU, Office of Records & Registration, 304 Pierce Hall, Ypsilanti, MI 48197). Submission of this form will ensure you are added to the list of students eligible to obtain tickets and also ensure you receive information about the ceremony.
Winter 2024 (April)
- Apply online beginning November 15, 2023
- Apply by March 1, 2024 to have your name included in commencement materials
Diplomas for Summer 2023 graduates will be available for pickup at the Office of Records & Registration, 303 Pierce Hall, on Thursday, October 5 and Friday, October 6, 2023 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Please note that you must present a photo ID to pickup your diploma.
The remaining diplomas will be shipped, alphabetically, via UPS beginning on October 16, 2023, with all shipping completed by October 22, 2023. An email with tracking information will be sent to your EMU email address once your diploma is prepared for shipping. An individual must sign for the diploma when it arrives to your address.
Please visit the Commencement website for regular updates.