The Presidential Scholarship
Eastern Michigan’s Presidential Scholarships are awarded competitively using the application process detailed below. Qualified students apply to receive our largest academic award: a four-year, full-ride Presidential Scholarship, valued at approximately $90,000 over four years.
The application for the Presidential Scholarship for Fall 2020 is now closed. Please see award criteria below and contact the Office of Admissions with any questions.
In addition to applying, interested prospective students will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be officially admitted* to EMU as a traditional incoming Freshman for Fall 2020
- Applicants must have at least a 3.5** cumulative GPA and 25 composite ACT or 1200 SAT (Critical Reading + Math)
- Visit campus on or after January 1st, 2019 (Approved visit programs include campus tours & Explore Eastern Open House)
- Complete and submit our official Competition Essay (essay topic will be emailed to all applicants on Friday, November 1st and must be submitted by Monday, November 11th.)
*You must be officially admitted with all documents submitted to EMU by November 11th to be qualified.
**If your school does not weight grades for honors or AP/IB courses, we'll review your transcripts and recalculate, if necessary.
Application Deadline and Additional Important Dates
- November 1: Scholarship Application is due! Competition Essay will be emailed to all applicants by 5:00 p.m. EST.
- November 11: All application materials mentioned in eligibility criteria (including campus visit) must be completed and turned in by this date.
- November 27: Students will be notified about moving on to second round by this date.
- December 7: Save the Date! All selected finalists will be welcomed to campus to continue on in the competition.
- December 20: Award recipients are notified.