The Presidential Scholarship
Eastern's most prestigious award for incoming first-year students, the Presidential Scholarship covers full tuition and room and board for four years (valued at approximately $100,000). Presidential Scholars are active and engaged members of The Honors College at EMU, complementing their academic college experience with further opportunities for critical thinking, community engagement, and leadership. Qualified students can apply for the Presidential Scholarship during their senior year of high school.
Eastern Michigan’s Presidential Scholarships are awarded competitively using the application process detailed below.
- High School Senior, incoming Freshman for Fall 2022
- Must have 1.) at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA and 2.) 25 composite ACT or 1200 SAT (Critical Reading + Math)
- SAT/ACT requirements are waived for those with a GPA of 3.85 or higher
- Must apply for admission to Eastern Michigan University and submit all official transcripts and test scores by December 1, 2021
How to Apply:
The 2021-2022 application is now closed. Information on the 2022-2023 application will become available in August 2022.
- Submit Presidential Scholarship Application Form
- Submit Presidential Scholarship Essay Form
- Attend Official Campus Visit (in-person or virtual)
- Any attended visit between January 1, 2021 - December 1, 2021 will be considered for the Scholarship
Application Deadline and Additional Important Dates
- August 2, 2021: Presidential Scholarship Application & Essay Form becomes available.
- December 1, 2021: All application materials mentioned in application instructions (including campus visit) must be completed and turned in by this date at 11:59 p.m. No exceptions will be made.
- Please note: You must also submit all official admission application documents to EMU by the deadline to be qualified.
- January 5, 2022: Students will be notified about moving on to second round by this date.
- January 22, 2022: Save the Date! All selected finalists will be welcomed to campus to continue on in the competition.