Presidential Scholarship Competition
Registration for the 2018 Presidential Scholarship Competition is now closed.
Eastern Michigan’s Presidential Scholarships are awarded through our annual Presidential Scholarship Competition. Qualified students compete to receive our largest academic award: a four-year, full-ride Presidential Scholarship, valued at approximately $90,000 over four years. Traditionally, 21 Presidential Scholarships are awarded annually.
In addition to applying to compete, interested prospective students will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be officially admitted* to EMU as a traditional incoming Freshman for Fall 2019
- Applicants must have at least a 3.5** cumulative GPA and 25 composite ACT or 1200 SAT (Critical Reading + Math)
- Visit campus on or after June 1st, 2018 (Approved visit programs include campus tours & Explore Eastern Open House)
- Complete and Submit our official Competition Essay (essay topic will be emailed to all applicants on Fri., Oct. 26th and must be submitted by Monday, November 5th)
*You must be officially admitted with all documents submitted to EMU by November 5th to be qualified.
**If your school does not weight grades for honors or AP/IB courses, we'll review your transcripts and recalculate, if necessary.
Application Deadline and Additional Important Dates
- October 26: Competition Essay will be emailed to all applicants.
- November 5: All interested prospective students must apply for our Presidential Scholarship, as well as meet all previously mentioned eligibility criteria by this date.
- December 1: Save the Date! All selected finalists will be welcomed to campus to continue on in the competition.
- December 10: Award recipients are notified.