Presidential Scholarship Competition
Eastern Michigan’s Presidential Scholarships are awarded through our annual Presidential Scholarship Competition. Qualified students compete to receive our largest academic award: a four-year, full-ride Presidential Scholarship, valued at approximately $90,000 over four years. Traditionally, 21 Presidential Scholarships are awarded annually.
In addition to applying to compete, interested prospective students will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be officially admitted* to EMU as a traditional incoming Freshman for Fall 2019
- Applicants must have at least a 3.5** cumulative GPA and 25 composite ACT or 1200 SAT (Critical Reading + Math)
- Visit campus on or after June 1st, 2018 (Approved visit programs include campus tours & Explore Eastern Open House)
- Complete and Submit our official Competition Essay (essay topic will be emailed to all applicants on Fri., Oct. 26th and must be submitted by Monday, November 5th)
*You must be officially admitted with all documents submitted to EMU by November 5th to be qualified.
**If your school does not weight grades for honors or AP/IB courses, we'll review your transcripts and recalculate, if necessary.
Application Deadline and Additional Important Dates
- October 26: Competition Essay will be emailed to all applicants.
- November 5: All interested prospective students must apply for our Presidential Scholarship, as well as meet all previously mentioned eligibility criteria by this date.
- December 1: Save the Date! All selected finalists will be welcomed to campus to continue on in the competition.
- December 10: Award recipients are notified.
If you have questions regarding the Presidential Scholarship Award, contact the Office of Admissions staff at 734.487.6453, or email email@example.com.