Important information due to COVID-19
- We are unable to accommodate pick-up requests.
- Other countries may not accept USPS mail so transcript orders may be canceled if mail is not accepted.
You can request a transcript online, by mail, by email, by fax or in person. Requests are not accepted by phone. An official transcript request form must accompany all requests. Here are a few other things to know about transcripts:
- Transcript requests are processed in the order received. Please allow two to three business days, from when your request is received in the transcript department, for your request to be processed and for the transcripts to be mailed.
- Transcripts are only mailed on days the university is open, so please plan accordingly. See the university holiday calendar.
- If you have past due financial obligations to the University, these will have to be resolved before you can receive your transcripts. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to Student Business Services at 734.487.3335 or [email protected].
- If your transcript request requires an additional attachment be sent with it, you must submit the attachment along with your transcript request form. These requests cannot be done online.
- Orders on hold or awaiting a consent form will be canceled if not cleared within 30 days.
- All transcript requests are considered complete and final after six months from original order date. No adjustments, re-issues or refunds will be considered after this date.
- Transcripts can be sent express mail, once processing is complete, via USPS for an additional cost of $27.50 per address. You must submit a check made payable to EMU with your transcript request form if selecting an express mail option. You may also order Express Mail transcripts online.
How to Order Transcripts
You can request a transcript online, by email, by fax, by mail or in person. Requests are not accepted by phone. An official transcript request form must accompany all requests.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective October 25, 2021, due to airline travel restrictions and cancellations, the U.S. Postal Service has temporarily suspended the guarantee on Priority Mail Express International to the following destinations: Australia, Canada, China, France, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand.
EMU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide online transcript ordering. If you attended since 1995, electronic transcripts are available when ordered online through your my.emich account or directly at the Get My Transcript website. Online transcript requests submitted while the University is closed will be processed in the order they were received when we reopen and may require additional processing time.
A required, signed consent form will be generated at the end of your online NSC order. However, if you place your order through my.emich, you will not need a signed consent form if your social security number is on file with EMU.
Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online.
For questions about this service, contact the NSC at 703.742.7791 or [email protected].
To order an EMU transcript, complete the transcript request form [PDF] and return in one of the following ways:
Eastern Michigan University
303 Pierce Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
In Person Request
To order in person, complete a transcript request form at Service EMU (268 Student Center), Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. or Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.