Transcripts are a copy of your permanent academic record, including all courses taken, grades received and degrees conferred from your first day at EMU to the current school year. There are different types of transcripts: official, unofficial, paper and electronic. An official transcript is sealed by Eastern and typically, an official transcript is what you'll need to apply to graduate school or for a job. The description of what you're applying for should make it clear if an official or unofficial transcript is needed.
How to Order Transcripts
There are three ways to order transcripts: online, by mail or in person. No requests are accepted by phone, fax or email. Here's a few other things to know about transcripts:
- Transcript requests are processed in the order received. Please allow three to five business days for your request to be processed and for transcripts to be mailed or available for pick up in 304 Pierce Hall. Transcripts are only mailed on days the university is open, so please plan accordingly. See the university holiday calendar.
- If you have past due financial obligations to the University, these will have to be resolved before you can receive your transcripts. With questions regarding financial obligations, contact Student Business Services at 734.487.3335.
- If your transcript request requires an additional attachment to be sent with the transcript, you must submitted your request in person or by mail.
- Orders on hold or awaiting a consent form will be cancelled if not cleared within 30 days.
- Be sure to pick up your official transcripts within 30 business days or they will be destroyed and you’ll need to re-order.
- All transcript requests are considered complete and final after six months from original order date. No adjustments, re-issues or refunds will be considered after this date
Express Transcripts by Mail
Once processed, transcripts can be sent express mail via USPS for an additional cost of $22.95 per U.S. address. International express mail is also available for $61.50 per international address.
Ordering Electronic Transcripts
EMU has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to provide transcript ordering online. If you attended since 1995, electronic transcripts are available when ordered online through your my.emich account or directly at the Get My Transcript website. Electronic transcripts cannot be ordered in person or by mail. Online transcript requests submitted while the University is closed will be processed in the order they were received when we reopen.
A required, signed consent form will be generated at the end of your order. After you sign it, you can return via fax, mail or scanned email attachment. If you place your order through my.emich, you won’t need a signed consent form if your social security number is on file with EMU.
Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also check order status or history online. All orders on hold or awaiting a consent form will be cancelled if not cleared within 10 business days.
For questions about this service, contact the NSC at 703.742.7791 or email@example.com.
To order in person, complete a transcript request form at Service EMU in the Student Center or McKenny Hall (Monday to Wednesday or Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. or Thursday, 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m.). Allow two to three business days for processing. Transcripts not picked up in 10 business days will be destroyed and you’ll need to re-order.
To order an EMU transcript by mail, complete the transcript request form [PDF].
Mail your request to:
Eastern Michigan University
303 Pierce Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access your unofficial transcript using Self-Service, if applicable.