Eastern Michigan University
direct edit

Registration Issues or Questions

The answers to some FAQs about registering for Chemistry courses can be found by clicking here.


Click on the appropriate link or scroll down the page to find a list of advisers that you can contact.

  • Which Chemistry Major is right for me?

  • What course sequence do I need to follow to complete my chemistry major or minor?

  • Which course should I take if I am taking Chemistry for General Education?

  • During which semesters are the various Chemistry and Fermentation Science courses offered?

  • Where can I get information about careers in chemistry?

The American Chemical Society Education Division has constructed a website with information on more than 30 career areas in chemistry, career options within each subdiscipline (organic, physical,...) and information on what students can do now to begin preparing for a degree in chemistry.  The site can be found at https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/careers/college-to-career.html.

Faculty Advisers

Most Chemistry Department Faculty are happy to talk to you when you have advising questions.  However, it is hard to know everything about everything, so we have designated advisers for specialty areas.  If you would like to contact a faculty adviser, click on his/her name to obtain his/her contact information.

Major Advising

Dr. Tim Friebe

The Chemistry Department would like every student who is majoring or minoring, or considering majoring or minoring, in any of its programs to have an official adviser. To minimize your odds of making a costly scheduling mistake, it is important that you talk to a faculty member about your program plans as soon as possible. The decision is not irrevocable; it is easy to change your adviser at any time.  You may have been assigned an adviser when you took CHEM 121 or CHEM 371.  If so, you should contact that individual.  If not, you can contact the appropriate adviser below and s/he will be happy to assign an adviser for you or work with you her/himself.

Career Advising

Miscellaneous Area Advising

Course Advising (Course/Area Coordinators)

If you are still not sure who to contact:Dr. Tim Brewer

The Department of Chemistry is part of the College of Arts & Sciences, 214 Pray-Harrold