Encumbrances are monies committed to a vendor for future payment, generated by a purchase order. To view a list of your open encumbrances, follow these steps:
- Click the Encumbrance Query link on the Finance menu.
- Click the Fiscal year pull-down menu and select the current year from the list.
- Click the Fiscal period pull-down menu and select 14 from the list.
- Type "E" in the Chart of Accounts field.
- Type your fund code in the Fund field.
- Type your organization code in the Organization field.
- Click the Submit Query button. A list of open encumbrances will be displayed.
Note: The Current Commitments column shows the amount being held against your available balance.