Attend college with free tuition, 4WARD Graduation Scholarship
At Eastern Michigan University, we are proud to provide our students with a high quality, affordable education. The 4WARD Graduation Scholarship is an exciting opportunity to successfully complete your degree in four years while maintaining financial stability.
Locked-in Tuition Rate
On-Campus Community Living
Locked-in Housing Rate
You pay for your first two consecutive years of tuition at a locked-in tuition rate of approximately $13,950 per year (30 credits).
Then EMU will pay for 100% of your next two consecutive years of tuition (30 credits a year).
You’ll live in an on-campus community for each of the four years at a locked-in room and board rate of approximately $10,800 a year, which includes a standard double room and a standard meal plan.
You Pay Tuition
EMU Pays Tuition
The 4WARD Graduation Scholarship offers a four-year graduation commitment. When you successfully complete two years at Eastern Michigan University, we will fund your full tuition for your remaining two years.
*The rates indicated above are locked-in and include 30 credit hours per year for tuition and a standard double-occupancy room. If you choose to move into one of Eastern's other living options (including on-campus apartments) in your junior and senior years, you will pay the current year rates. There is no locked in rate for other living options.
**Note: we still encourage you to file the FAFSA in October to see how you can supplement your payments with student loans and federal financial aid.
We will help you afford to live and learn on campus for four years at a guaranteed, locked-in rate to encourage successful four year graduation.
Beginning Fall 2019, admitted students with a 3.0+ cumulative GPA will have the opportunity to opt into the 4WARD Graduation Scholarship. To secure your scholarship, take the following steps:
- Apply for admission to Eastern Michigan University. We have already waived the $35 application fee for you!
- If you meet the GPA and test score criteria, you will receive a 4WARD Graduation Scholarship award letter in your admit packet. Follow the steps on that letter to opt into the 4WARD Graduation Scholarship.
- Financial Aid will reach out to you with a Terms & Conditions contract to be signed and returned by a specified deadline.
- Sign the contract and return to Financial Aid and your financial aid award will be updated.
- Continue to meet all terms and conditions in years 1 and 2 and receive the 4WARD scholarship in years 3 and 4.