Undergraduate Application Information
1. University Application
All prospective students must submit an online application to Eastern Michigan University prior to auditioning for the school. Additionally, prospective students must be accepted by the University to be considered for a departmental scholarship.
International students, please visit International Admissions for additional information and support.
2. School of Music and Dance Application
All prospective music students must submit an Undergraduate Music Application to the School of Music and Dance at least seven days prior to the audition date. As part of this process, applicants will provide names and contact information for two recommenders.
3. Audition Day
- Principal Instrument/Voice Audition - Required of all applicants.
- Music Theory Exam - Required of all applicants.
- Program Interview - Required of Music Education and Music Therapy applicants.
- Piano Placement Exam - Students with two–four years of previous keyboard experience are encouraged to take this exam to determine which semester of piano is appropriate.
- Audition Day Schedule - (January, February, March)
Official audition results are determined by the director of the School of Music and Dance based on the recommendations of the music faculty and are mailed to the applicant, normally within ten business days of the audition.
If you have questions concerning the Music and Dance application process, please contact Dr. Donald Babcock, admissions coordinator.