Conducted by Brandon Johnson, the Eastern Michigan University Choir is an auditioned-mixed ensemble whose membership embodies EMU's diversity, with all majors invited. Whether performing in a renaissance mass setting, a baroque motet or an African American spiritual, the choir delights in well-crafted music. We provide concerts filled with the diversity of the choral repertoire and frequently perform the major master-works of the choral orchestral repertoire.
Learn more about the EMU Choir
The Eastern's vocal ensembles embark on various outings each season. In recent years, the EMU Choir toured throughout the U.S. and the United Kingdom. Many times, the ensemble collaborates with high schools and offers a masterclass as well as a joint concert to provide a collegiate level experience to high school students.
Recent Tour History
- 2020 West Coast US Tour (CA, ID, NV, OR, & UT)
- 2019 Michigan, Austria, Czechia, Germany & Poland
- 2018 Conferences Regional Tour (MI, IL)
- Michigan American Choral Directors Association Conference
- Andrea Bocelli and Detroit Symphony Orchestra Concert
- Michigan Music Conference
- Central/ North Central American Choral Directors Association
- National Honor Choir at Carnegie Hall - New York, NY
- 2017 Southern US Tour (MI, OH, NC, FL, GA, AL, MS and MO)
- 2016 Great Lakes Tour (MI, OH, IA) & International Tour (England, Scotland & Wales)
- 2015 Northeastern US Tour (MI, OH, PA, NY and MD)
Collaborate With Us!
Please contact email@example.com regarding inquiries for collaborative music making.
At EMU we recognize that choosing a balanced and diverse concert program is the hallmark of any fine performance. Furthermore, that it is necessary for students of music to become proficient in the salient style features of all vocal music ranging from medieval chant to modern avant-garde music. Here at EMU we strive to provide both audiences and students positive, exciting, meaningful concert programs that add to their lives on a consistent basis. The last several years of concert programs can be found under the EMU Choir recent Literature heading.