Research Writers' Collaborative 2018-2019
What is the Research Writers' Collaborative?
The Writers’ Collaborative is an opportunity for EMU faculty and lecturers to meet within disciplinary areas, support each other in developing realistic writing goals (i.e. development of a conference paper, draft of an article, revision of a book chapter, etc.) and gain helpful feedback. Groups meet every couple of weeks throughout the semester/academic year.
Writers’ Collaborative Goals:
- Develop healthy writing habits
- Boost writing productivity
- Complete a realistic writing goal by the end of the semester/year
- Meet potential collaborators/colleagues
Participants will receive a copy of the book, “How to Write a Lot - A Practical Guide to Productive Academic Writing ” by Paul J. Silvia.
Participants will be placed into small groups, as determined by their writing support needs. The groups will meet throughout the academic year.
There will be a celebration lunch and gathering at the CONNECT Event on February 9th, 2018 for all collaborative participants to share their progress and discuss writing strategies that are working.
Shut Up and Write!
Come join us in the FDC for some uninterrupted writing! The FDC is hosting seven two hour sessions for faculty and lecturers to focus on their writing without distraction. Professor Stephanie Wladkowski will be at each session to help provide guidance and offer support while faculty and lecturers are writing.
Below is each session date and time. All sessions will be held in 109B Halle Library.
- Monday, October 8, 2018 from 11am-1pm
- Monday, October 22, 2018 from 11am-1pm
- Thursday, October 25, 2018 from 2pm-4pm
- Monday, November 5, 2018 from 11am-1pm
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 from 2pm-4pm
- Monday, December 3, 2018 from 11am-1pm
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 2pm-4pm
We have a virtual writing sessions available with Dr. Sarah Walsh being held on:
- Friday, November 9, 2018, 2pm-4pm
- Friday, November 30, 2018, 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 9am-11am
Email Dr. Sarah Walsh to be invited to the google hangout (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Getting Your Research Writing Done at EMU Workshop:
This workshop will discuss strategies to improve your academic writing productivity here at Eastern Michigan this Fall and beyond. Topics covered include common challenges to productive research writing, and how you can set yourself up for success to face those challenges. Facilitators will present a variety of evidenced-based strategies while sharing what has worked for them and past participants of the Research Writers' Collaborative. Participants will be encouraged to share their own writing strategies.
For more information, contact email@example.com .