Library of Examples for Teaching Students Remotely
This is an A-Z collection of examples submitted by EMU instructors and staff showing how they are teaching and supporting EMU students remotely.
To submit an entry to this collection, please click on the submission form button below:
- Eastern Michigan University's Center for Digital Engagement is offering 48 Digital Summer Clinic paid internship opportunities amid COVID-19 disruption in higher education
- The University Advising and Career Development Center have been working hard to create a virtual fast track orientation for students that are brand new to EMU.
- EMU offers the EMU CARE grant to both graduate and undergraduate students enrolling in Summer courses.
- You can now view the 40th annual undergraduate symposium online
- Eastern Michigan institutes test optional admissions policy for Fall 2020
- President Smith describes the planning process for the Fall 2020 semester
- Eastern Michigan University alumnus converts family jewlery business in India to manufacturing PPE for healthcare workers
Voice-Over PowerPoint recorded in Studio: Mid-Term Proposal Review
- Using Zoom to read a bedtime story to students at the beginning of the Covid19 crisis.
- Michael McVey offers strategies for students to continue learning, even though the reality has changed.
- Ypsi Live: Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti Community Schools team up to increase Internet access to families throughout the school district
- Local youths get the opportunity to connect with peers and broader community to discuss their current experiences as part of Southeast Michigan Stewardship Coalition’s virtual Community Forum series
Disciplinary/Real-World Perspective in regard to Covid19
- Sharing an economic forecast.
- EMU alumna Heather Boyd is apart of a mask making group that has supplied more than 13,000 masks to the Saginaw community
- Creative ways that music directors engage students remotely.
- Using the redirect tool in Canvas to add an instant video chat feature in your Canvas shell. [PDF]
- Using Flipgrid free software to hear graduating students describe why they selected their major.
- Engage @ EMU is offering free virtual mini camps through Facebook live
- Check out how Engage @ EMU is connecting with students and the community during this time
- Using Loom software to give students feedback on an assignment.
Flipping the Class
- Using various technologies to sound mix choral performance, the end result is a virtual ensemble.
- Eastern Michigan University Athletics helps St. Joseph Mercy-Ann Arbor, Hospital with huge daily laundry load generated during COVID-19 epidemic
- Eastern Michigan University is providing housing support for medical professionals from IHA and St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital.
- Eastern Michigan University's theatre students and faculty are turning costume shop materials into masks for frontline workers
- Recording a Zoom session with students sharing self-care strategies.
- Wellness programs and exercise classes now available online as Eastern Michigan University continues efforts to support students and staff during the COVID-19 epidemic.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- The YpsiWrites community writing program developed special online programs to support creative and expressive efforts during the health crisis.