Examples of Teaching Students Online and Remotely
This is an A-Z collection of examples submitted by EMU instructors and staff showing how they are teaching and supporting EMU students remotely.
To submit an entry to this collection, please click on the submission form button below:
- Eastern Michigan University faculty members pursue exciting array of projects or activities under sabbaticals awarded for 2020-21
- Eastern Michigan University's Center for Digital Engagement is offering 48 Digital Summer Clinic paid internship opportunities amid COVID-19 disruption in higher education
- The University Advising and Career Development Center have been working hard to create a virtual fast track orientation for students that are brand new to EMU.
- Eastern Michigan University president James Smith statement in response to Immigration and Customs Enforcement policy change regarding international students
- President Smith: 'Juneteenth – a time for learning, reflection'
- EMU professors Lewis Hershey and Annemarie Kelly receive a 2019 Author Award from the Journal of Financial Service Professionals
- EMU welcomes new director of The Pride of the Peninsula Marching Band
- EMU offers the EMU CARE grant to both graduate and undergraduate students enrolling in Summer courses.
- You can now view the 40th annual undergraduate symposium online
- Eastern Michigan institutes test optional admissions policy for Fall 2020
- President Smith describes the planning process for the Fall 2020 semester
- Eastern Michigan University alumnus converts family jewelry business in India to manufacturing PPE for healthcare workers
- Message on racism from President James Smith, Provost Rhonda Longworth, and Director of Diversity and Community Involvement Steven Bryant
Voice-Over PowerPoint recorded in Studio: Mid-Term Proposal Review
- Using Zoom to read a bedtime story to students at the beginning of the Covid19 crisis.
- Michael McVey offers strategies for students to continue learning, even though the reality has changed.
- Ypsi Live: Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti Community Schools team up to increase Internet access to families throughout the school district
- Eastern Michigan University expert Dr. Judy Foster Davis comments on recent moves by companies as they seek to rework their branding, to cast away stereotypes and to appear less tied to images of systemic racism
- Where Do We Go From Here? A conversation with EMU professor Dr. Rema Reynolds about needed approaches and reforms in education and how to raise racial awareness and understanding.
- "Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired": A Reflection and Some Resources by Toni Pressley-Sanon, professor of Africology and African American Studies
- Local youths get the opportunity to connect with peers and broader community to discuss their current experiences as part of Southeast Michigan Stewardship Coalition’s virtual Community Forum series
- What can and Should be Done: A discussion on the national outcry and demonstrations over the death of George Floyd with Eastern Experts Gregg Barak and Grigoris Argeros
Disciplinary/Real-World Perspective in regard to Covid19
- Special edition of EMU Today features President James Smith discussing the return to campus for fall classes; extensive support of community efforts during COVID-19
- Sharing an economic forecast.
- EMU alumna Heather Boyd is apart of a mask making group that has supplied more than 13,000 masks to the Saginaw community
- New Master of Public Health program at Eastern Michigan University will train professionals in areas related to current global health crisis
- Eastern Michigan University Bright Futures plans for full fall programming lineup with 11 new faculty fellowships
- Eastern Michigan Univeristy and Ypsilanti Community Schools collaborate to deliver gift boxes of fun games and activities to district students and families
- Creative ways that music directors engage students remotely.
- Using the redirect tool in Canvas to add an instant video chat feature in your Canvas shell. [PDF]
- Using Flipgrid free software to hear graduating students describe why they selected their major.
- Engage @ EMU is offering free virtual mini camps through Facebook live
- Check out how Engage @ EMU is connecting with students and the community during this time
- Using Loom software to give students feedback on an assignment.
- Leveraging Feedback Experiences in Online Learning
- Using various technologies to sound mix choral performance, the end result is a virtual ensemble.
- Eastern Michigan University begins distribution of nearly $6.9 million in federal CARES Act relief funds to students to help offset hardships related to COVID-19
- Eastern Michigan University Athletics helps St. Joseph Mercy-Ann Arbor, Hospital with huge daily laundry load generated during COVID-19 epidemic
- Eastern Michigan University is providing housing support for medical professionals from IHA and St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital.
- Eastern Michigan University's theatre students and faculty are turning costume shop materials into masks for frontline workers
- Eastern Michigan University students to partner with faculty members in wide variety of research topics supported by annual Undergraduate Research Stimulus Awards
- Eastern Michigan University faculty members to pursue wide range of topics this summer under Research/Creative Activity Awards
- Fellowship awards to support faculty research and creative activity this academic year at Eastern Michigan University
- Recording a Zoom session with students sharing self-care strategies.
- Wellness programs and exercise classes now available online as Eastern Michigan University continues efforts to support students and staff during the COVID-19 epidemic.
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Your classroom is a research laboratory for teaching and learning. Why not get a scholarly publication out of your findings? The Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL) Research Groups is an opportunity for EMU faculty and full-time and part-time lecturers to support each other in advancing SoTL research projects. Apply to join a research group that will meet throughout Winter 2021.
- The Faculty Development Center provides information on suggested syllabi elements and syllabus writing tips. Download the PDF. [PDF]
|Judith Kullberg <[email protected]>,|
Suzanne Gray <[email protected]>,
Timothy Allen <[email protected]>,
EMU Federation of Teachers <[email protected]>,
Bill Jones <[email protected]>,
Julia Heck <[email protected]>,
Sean Woolf <[email protected]>,
"LaMarcus D. Howard" <[email protected]>
- The YpsiWrites community writing program developed special online programs to support creative and expressive efforts during the health crisis.