Directory Information Updates
The information in the EMU Online Directory as well as the "Corporate Directory" on the VoIP phone system is retrieved from Banner. The online directory is used to find contact information for members of the campus community. Following are instructions for supervisory staff, administrative assistants and individuals to submit a request to update the directory.
Department Heads/Directors can request updates to directory data for Direct Reports/Team Members within their departments. To update directory data, supervisory staff have access to a campus directory information update application available in My.emich. Please use this app to update your direct reports' campus directory information any time changes are required. Instructions are as follows:
- Visit My.emich.edu
- Click on the Employee tab
- Click on the Employee link below the row of tabs
- Click on the "Update Employee Campus Address" link. You will then see a table of your direct reports. To edit, click on the EID or Phone link.
- Once you have completed your edits, click the "Submit" button. Note: it may take up to 24-48 hours for your change(s) to be reflected in the online directory.
Important: Please be consistent with your department names. Always spell your department names the same way under each report. Be careful to use the same formatting, punctuation or abbreviation scheme.
Helpful Questions and Answers
- Why is an E.I.D. required? Updates are made in Banner. The E.I.D. is used to ensure that we are updating the correct record(s).
- Why is the campus address included? The campus address is used to keep 911 location data up-to-date. The campus address must be accurate. Submission of inaccurate location data could result in delay in emergency services response and is a violation of E.M.U. policy.
- How long do changes take? I.T. staff will process changes as soon as possible which is usually within five business days.
- What if I have further questions? Send an email to [email protected] and we will be happy to address additional questions.