A virtual drive file storage space for EMU employees and students. Multiple users can access shared folders/directories within the Active Directory (AD) drive known as the “Z” drive. This local virtual drive provides individual as well as shareable electronic file storage for the EMU community on local servers owned and controlled by the University. This shareable file storage space is in addition to Google Drive.
If you are hard-wired to the EMU network on campus, the AD (Active Directory) "Z" drive should automatically map when you log into your computer. If you are wireless or off-campus, you must have the AnyConnect VPN client installed on your computer.
- The leader of a staff team posts minutes of meetings and other documents for access by team members
- Members of a department post status reports for review by their supervisor
- Two faculty members post and share documents while collaborating on a publication
Contact I. T. – also see Google Drive (supra) for reference.
Using the Shared Drive
The permitted (Yes), the not permitted (No), and those needing to contact I.T. (Contact I.T.) are listed in three columns in the matrix below.
- Attorney/Client Privilege
- I.T. Security Information
- Private Personal Information
- Student Education Records (FERPA)
- Other Sensitive University Data
- All Other Research Data
- Credit Card Information (PCI)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Sensitive Human Subject Research
- Social Security Numbers
- Student Loan Application Information (GLBA)
Note: Don't see what you need? Email the I.T. Security Team at [email protected].