Having recently completed a series of capital projects to standardize the Classroom Technology throughout the university's classrooms, Information Technology, the Provost’s Office and the Education Environment and Facilities Committee have turned towards implementing a HyFlex Classroom Design based on Zoom Room technology. The classroom setup will feature:
- Dedicated Zoom Room PC with touch enabled monitor for control
- Auto Tracking camera to capture the presenter
- Panoramic camera to capture in person class participants
- Ceiling mounted microphone arrays
- Dedicated, large screen display to view remote participants
The capital project for the Summer of 2021 will create 12 of these rooms spread between the Halle Library, Porter Building, Mark Jefferson Science Complex, Strong Hall, the Marshall Building and Pray-Harrold. This project serves as our first step into the next seven year classroom technology plan, with an emphasis on expanding the availability of HyFlex rooms over the next three years, refreshing display equipment and incorporating new technologies as they become available.
Since 2013, Eastern Michigan University has committed to standardizing the classroom technology across campus classrooms. Utilizing Board of Regents approved capital projects, Information Technology and Physical Plant have worked with the Provost’s Office, the Education Environment and Facilities Committee and the Academic I.T. Advisory committee to implement the following configuration:
- Large screen television or projector
- Blu-Ray player
- Document camera
- Auxiliary VGA and HDMI cables
- In-ceiling or wall-mounted speakers
- Windows-based thin-client computer
- Touch screen control panel
Tech support is available by pressing the Support button on the VoIP telephone located on the cart. Support hours for Spring and Summer Semesters are:
- Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
The following buildings all include: VGA cable, HDMI Cable, Doc Cam, Blu-Ray and Thin Client:
- Science Complex
- Judy Sturgis Hill
- Honors College
For additional questions, please contact Aric Kirkland, [email protected].