Since 2013, Eastern Michigan University has committed to standardizing the classroom technology across campus classrooms. Utilizing Board of Regents approved capital projects, Information Technology and Physical Plant have worked with the Provost’s Office, the Education Environment and Facilities Committee and the Academic I.T. Advisory committee to implement the following configuration:
- Large screen television or projector
- Blu-Ray player
- Document camera
- Auxiliary VGA and HDMI cables
- In-ceiling or wall-mounted speakers
- Windows-based thin-client computer
- Touch screen control panel
Since 2020, Information Technology has utilized capital project dollars to extend the classroom A/V technology in certain rooms to accommodate HyFlex instruction by way Zoom Room technology. Adding to the standard classroom technology design:
- an auto-tracking camera to capture the instructor
- a camera to capture in-person class participants
- ceiling mounted microphone arrays
- an additional display to view remote participants
- dedicated computer running Zoom Room software with a touch-enabled monitor
For an inventory, please check service.emich.edu
Tech support is available by pressing the Support button on the VoIP telephone located on the cart. Support hours for Spring and Summer Semesters are:
- Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
For additional questions, please contact Aric Kirkland, [email protected].