To reset a forgotten password, you will need to have an alternate (non-EMU) email address in your account profile so that you can receive a verification code. If you have never added an alternate email address to your account profile, you will need to contact the Help Desk at 734.487.2120, or visit them at 106 Halle Library.
To reset your forgotten password, you will be asked to input a new password that will be easy for you to remember but hard for others to guess. The Resetting Your Password process will time-out, so it is best to select your new password before you begin.
To make passwords strong, they should be at least 16 characters long, include letters, numbers, punctuation marks, and misspelled words. Here are a few examples of strong yet easy to remember passwords:
Note: Do Not use the above listed passwords.
Perform the following steps to reset your forgotten password:
- Go to https://account.emich.edu.
- Click the Forgotten Password button (Do Not fill in the fields).
3. Type the verification code(s) in the field below the code(s) displayed and then click the Verify button (the codes displayed may be one or two typed words, or an image of text).
Note: The verification process may not be required at all times. Click the Refresh button to obtain different verification codes. Click the Audio button to toggle between text and audible verification codes.
4. Type your NetID username in the NetID field and then click the Search button.
Note: The system will send a verification code to the alternate email address specified in your account profile. If you never created an alternate email address, contact the I.T. Help Desk at 734.487.2120, or visit them at 106 Halle Library.
5. Type the verification code you received in the email message in the Verification Code field and then click the Check Code button.
6. Select a new password and type it in the New Password and Confirm Password fields. Click the Change Password button.
7. Click the Continue button in the Success window.
8. Click the Logout button in the Update Profile window. When the Logout window displays, close your browser window before attempting to log in to My.Emich again.
If you experience problems resetting your password, check the supported browsers [PDF] page to ensure you're using a compatible system and browser. If you have further questions, please contact the I.T. Help Desk at 734.487.2120 or visit them in 106 Halle Library.