Google All Other Apps
Google Classroom, YouTube, Blogger, and any other Google Apps services not covered specifically in the Sensitive Data Guide are all part of the Google Apps for Education Suite.
- Google Classroom: Google Classroom is a Learning Management system. Google Classroom is not supported by EMU. EMU provides CANVAS as the supported Learning Management System platform for all EMU courses.
- YouTube: A streaming video service
- Blogger: An online blogging service.
Student shares videos for an online project using YouTube. Student keeps a journal using Blogger.
EMU does not recommend sharing or storing confidential information in these services without specific consent of the user.
- Google Product Privacy Guide
- Google Apps Help: Your Security and Privacy
- Google Apps at EMU
- Google Apps for Education
Using Google All Other Apps
The permitted (Yes), the not permitted (No), and those needing to contact I.T. (Contact I.T.) are listed in three columns in the matrix below.
- Attorney/Client Privilege
- All Other Research Data
- I.T. Security Information
- Private Personal Information
- Protected Health Information (HIPAA)
- Student Education Records (FERPA)
- Credit Card Information (PCI)
- Social Security Numbers
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Sensitive Human Subject Research
- Student Load Application Information (GLBA)
- Other Sensitive University Data
Note: Don't see what you need? Email the I.T. Security Team at [email protected].