You can create as many as 199 Speed Dials to quickly dial phone numbers. In the Self Care Portal, you can create speed/abbreviated dial numbers and edit or delete them. From your phone you can place a speed dial call.
Note: This option is only available online, you can not set it up on your phone.
Set up Speed/Abbr Dial numbers
1. Log in to the the Self Care Portal (log in instructions can be accessed from the Log in link located in the navigation menu on the right).
Note: The Self Care Portal will automatically log you out after 15 minutes of non-use.
2. In the Self Care Portal, select Phone Settings from the menu on the left.
3. Click the Speed Dial Numbers drop-down menu.
4. Click the drop-down arrow in front of the phone you want to add a speed dial number and then click the Add New Speed Dial link.
Note: If you have more than one phone you can click the Link button to apply the speed dial entries to all phones.
5. In the Add Speed Dial pop-up window type the first name of an EMU employee in the Number/URI field and click on a number from the list Or, enter a phone number with no spaces, commas, periods, or dashes. Enter one of the following:
- EMU 5 digit number (7xxxx)
- local 7 digit number, preceded by the number "6" (6xxxxxxx)
- long distance 10 digit number, preceded by the number "8, 1" (81xxxxxxxxxx)
6. Enter a name or label, assign an unused speed dial number and click the Save button.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 to add more contacts.
Edit or Delete Speed Dial Numbers
- Log in to the Self Care Portal (log in instructions can be accessed from Log in link located in the navigation menu on the right).
- In the Self Care Portal, select Phone Settings from the menu on the left.
- Click the Phone Contacts drop-down menu.
- Edit or Delete contacts:
- Click the Edit icon to the right of the contact, make changes and click the Save button
- Click the Delete icon to the right of the contact and click the Yes button
Place a Speed Dial call
- With the handset still resting in the cradle, press the desired speed dial number assigned to your contact.
- Press the Speed Dial/AbbrDial softkey.
- Your call will ring in speaker mode. If you prefer privacy, pick up the handset to talk.
Note: The Speed Dial/AbbrDial softkey does not appear if you lift up the handset before hitting the speed dial number on the keypad.